We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3 things to do in Negril

Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3 things to do in Negril

...besides laying on the beach (which is how I will be spending most of the 2 weeks I'm there)...I've been to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay but never Negril, and I am excited! 52 days until arrival :) :)

What are your top 3??

And a question: are there any floating-down-a-river-on-a-tube excursions? I can't find any info. Also- how far is Bob Marley's house from Negril?

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
197 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

1. Walk the Beach daylight hours

2. Zimbali Cooking Studio

3. Sunset Cruise

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

1-Nice dinner on the cliffs

2-Hedo nude cruise

3-Blue Hole Mineral Springs

3. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 17:27
United States
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

1- An excursion to Pelican Bar -- you could do YS Falls, Appleton Rum Factory or the Black River Safari along with it

2 -- One Love Bus Bar Crawl

3 - Ricks -- very touristy, but if you have never been to Negril it's fun to do once.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

I agree with mficke above. Those would be my top 3, too. Rick's is a huge tourist trap, but you have to say you've done it once. :)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

- Sunset and dinner on the cliffs - and not at Rick's

- Hobie cat sails

- Long walks on 7 Mile Beach

Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
850 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

A lot of the activities depend on your likes and dislikes. Personally my top 3 would be

1. A day of Snorkeling @ Rhodes Hall

2. Visit Half Moon Beach for the day

3. Blue Hole Mineral Springs

Other suggestions would include Dolphin Cove (if that is your thing), YS Falls/Pelican Bar. Or a trip to Falmouth for a swim the the Luminous Lagoon -One of my favorite activities of my 13 trips to Jamaica.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

1. Drink

2. Nap

3. Eat

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 3 things to do in Negril

thevinnie's comprehensive list which he created and is linked in post 4 covers everything.