We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril vacay in April 2014

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Negril vacay in April 2014

Traveling with my husband and 2 other couples to Negril in April. Have been to Jamaica twice before, both times Ocho Rios and stayed once at Sandals and the other time at the Riu. We are looking for a fun place that serves quality liquor.. Don't think Hedo is up our alley ;) but looking for ideas on where to stay that offers a lively adults-only atmosphere.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

Lori

Welcome to the Trip Advisor Jamaica forums! There are three properties in Negril I can highly recommend for you to consider for your adults only/couples only all inclusive vacation. Each resort is for couples only and is located on the beautiful 7 Mile Beach and each offers many inclusions such as an included extensive water sports program, transfers, evening entertainment, gratuities and more. Couples also offers a few extras such as free wifi for all room categories (Sandals does for Club & Butler Elite levels) & a sunset catamaran cruise. Each property has different room categories and as you already know Sandals offers different levels of service, something for everyone. We have stayed at all three of these properties and thoroughly enjoy them all for different reasons.

Sandals Negril - Long Bay

Couples Swept Away - Long Bay

Couples Negril - Bloody Bay

Our favorites are Couples Swept Away & Sandals Negril but you may find certain characteristics of each property which fit your requirements for this particular vacation and through a process of elimination you will find the resort that is best for you. None of these resorts are better than the other in my opinion and experience, just different and each of these resorts have a strong repeat guest ratio.

Enjoy your research and your time in Negril!

Whitewater...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

I think swept away and couples negril are sold out in april.

Whitewater...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

I guess i am wrong some early april dates still open.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

Agree. Those are three great suggestions.

United States
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

"ideas on where to stay that offers a lively adults-only atmosphere"

For adults only Couples Swept Away is the most 'lively' of the resorts listed above (as you are excluding Hedo II). Another option to consider is the RIU Palace Tropical Bay which while not adults only is on a great beach and a bit on the lively side.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

Give Couples resorts a look. CSA might meet all your needs in Negril. But if you like the look of Couples Negril better, it's just a short cab ride to local fun off resort:) If you are wanting to go Ocho area again, give CSS/CTI a glance too:)

7. Re: Negril vacay in April 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18