We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

commitment wedding

Buffalo, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
commitment wedding

we are looking for a commitment wedding. We are heterosexual but cannot legally be married in the States because I will lose my social security benefits and pension brought on from my deceased husband and I'm looking to remarry again. We are staying at couples swept away but we were told they only do legal weddings and not just commitment weddings. We do not want to cancel our trip and are so looking forward to going but now have this major setback. Can anyone help?

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: commitment wedding

Sorry, didn't see you posted the same thing twice, I'll answer in the other thread.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 15:48
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: commitment wedding

Hi Kim,

I am curious, have you contacted Couples about doing just a vow renewal? Not a commitment ceramony? I would send an email to their romance concierge about the a vow renewal. I would think that they would be able to help with that, you are not looking for any legal documentation or confirmation of your legal status, just that you want to pledge your love for each other publicly.

Anod, you are so right, I have several freinds who won't get married because they would loose benefits and would not longer be able to maintain their lives, not just their lifestyle.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: commitment wedding

Blondie, someone brought up doing a vowel renewal and it was stated that they would have to provide their original marriage certificate.

4. Re: commitment wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:18