We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
7 posts
Save Topic
Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

Hi,

My husband and I are staying at Tensing Pen April 5th-12th. We are staying in Cove Cottage. Just how hot can we expect it to be? My hubby may kill me for booking a room with no air lol! Also it is the same weekend as the final 4, and with no tv's where would be a good place to watch?

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

You're very close to Seastar Inn which has multiple screens and the Football Cable Package.

It's basically across the road and up the street a bit and down Seastar Lane which is where Tykes Bikes and Wise Choice Store are located. Ask Anyone.

If you have dinner at Seastar; they will pick up and drop off. Call them. Tensing will have the number. Seastar also has a fun Saturday night Raggae band and Jamaican drummers with a big buffet. The cliffs are cooler than the beach at night. You'll probably have a breeze and won't need air at all. No worries.

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

It will be warm when you go to bed maybe even hot but the sound of the ocean will put you to sleep then part way through the night you will wake up and pull the sheets up to get warm. There always seems to be a breeze coming through your window.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

I am one (at almost 60!) that needs A/C when in Negril----especially at around noon nap time!

Toronto
Level Contributor
924 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

Is the road noise loud at TP , if you do not have Air?

Indianapolis...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

Thank you for the recommendation. Does Sea Star also have the American channels like CBS and ESPN? Nice to hear about the air situation. We usually travel with a fan to help drown out back round noise anyway.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

Seastar has it all. And no need to call for a cab, it is approx 4-500 yards away. Hang a right out the front gate and the first street you hit is Seastar Lane. Hang a left and walk up the street. You will walk buy some houses and apartments and you will clearly see it on your right hand side. It is THE best place to watch sports on the West End. Solid food, decent drink prices, great vibe........

Indianapolis...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

Thank you so much! We will definitely check it out.

8. Re: Air Conditioning at Tensing Pen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20