We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CN transportation

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
CN transportation

We have always used private transfers for our vacations, but since it is included at CN we are considering using it. My concern is how crazy I have seen it be at resorts when a large group of people arrive at once. We are usually all checked in, first selection of room choices and sipping a cold one when everyone else arrives. Can anyone comment on their experience using CN transport?

Road Map Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Jermaine Tours
Taxis & Shuttles
Damion Jamaica Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CN transportation

The small bus they will take from the airport will seat around 6-7 couples. The seats are comfortable , there is ac, and the drivers are informative and friendly. On my numerous trips to Couples, there has never been more then 5 couples on the bus, with usual number there being 3 or 4. The bus will first stop at Couples Negril, and then make a stop at CSA. Chances are, 1/2 the couples ( if not more), will be going on to CSA. So you are looking at probably 3 couples tops, to check in with upon arrival. On our last trip, there was only one other couple checking in with us.

The driver will usually ask if you want to stop midway for a drink and bathroom break. I always loudly vote no, so our bus never stops.

On our last trip, we took the Couples transportation, and my friends who arrived earlier then us, took private. Our trip from the airport was quicker then their trip. Basically you will not get there quicker using private transportation. Also, it has always been nice meeting some other couples on route to the resort.

If you read numerous reviews of CN, those that mention check in will state that is was a breeze. My vote is, save the money, use the resort provided transportation.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CN transportation

I am getting conflicting reports. As on the Couples FB page, experienced visitors are saying it is a breeze, but it can be up to 20+ couples.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CN transportation

On the buses I have taken to and from Couples resorts, do not hold 20 people. I found an image of the bus size used by Couples :

www.jattours.com/index.php…

The back seats are used for luggage. There are 2 seats on one side, and an individual seat on the other side ( which I have never seen used for guests, just belongs).

I have also taken an extra large van from the airport once. I believe it had 3 rows of seats.

I guess it is possible that they have used a larger bus for some reason, however, it is not the norm.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CN transportation

Thanks, NorwegianMama. They did say 20 couples and they make stops at CTI and CSA. Maybe these were on very busy Saturdays?? I think the shuttle sounds fine as no one has said negative things.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CN transportation

I will assume you meant CTI and CSS. There is a shuttle that goes to Couples Negril and CSA, and a different one that goes to CTI and CSS, they are in different directions.

Enjoy your trip !

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CN transportation

Well, I have not been there yet, so I guess! LOL! I was quoting someone else. My bad.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CN transportation

When you get off the bus at Couples Negril, leave your husband to retrieve your luggage ( someone has to stay by the van to be sure it is unloaded properly). While your husband waits for luggage and tips the driver, you head to the check in desk. At Couples , the head of the household must do check in ( and that is the WIFE ! ). Have both of your passports, a credit card, and any check in paper work with you to do check in. By the time you have filled in all the paperwork, your husband will be with your to sign his signature in a couple of spots.

I am a very inpatient person, so I am always prepared when we arrive, so I never have to wait.

I also always sit in the front of the bus, directly behind the driver. This spot has the most leg room, and the ac is best at this spot.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
789 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CN transportation

NM, I have to strongly disagree that the wife is the head of the household. I am the king of my domain, I shall make all decisions and do whatever I please... As long as it's ok with her .

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CN transportation

Probably like your wife, I let my husband " think" his is the the head of the household !

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CN transportation

NM...you crack me up. "Always loudly vote no and the bus never stops".