We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Does CSA still offer the little cans of Clamato juice for your in room mini bar? Just came back from Sandals Barbados (booked when it was Couples Barbados) and they (Sandals) removed the Clamato juice offerings when they took over .... bummer!! Hoping CSA still has it. Just booked stay # 3!

Toronto
Level Contributor
924 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Yes happy to say that Couples still offer the clamato juice in the cans in mini bar. We were there in November and they give you 2 a day. I always took mine to the martini bar and they turned it into a Caesar for me. Strange that they don't stock it at the bars, but I have no problem bringing them with me.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

We always bring our ceaser rim seasoning with us, nice to have a ceaser with our vodka in the room!! And then there's the beer and clam straightener!! Works every time!! 82 sleeps!!

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,419 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Cfthunder, what's a beer and clam straightener? I loved Caesars when I tried them a few weeks ago in Mexico. Better than Bloody Mary's! I was feeling very Canadian!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

RM: it's basically a hangover remedy. Beer in the Clamato juice.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Beer and clam is very simple concoction!! Pour a nice cold beer in a glass, pour in some clamoto juice till it gets nice and red, and there you have a Canadian Straightener!! My wife who is from Saskatchewan introduced me to it, don't think it cures hangovers, but it will get you back in the game!!!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

It's also known up here as a Red Eye.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,419 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

<don't think it cures hangovers, but it will get you back in the game!!!>

CF, I think I may stick with Caesars or just plain beer on this one. I left my hangover days behind in college and this combo sounds like you may need to be truly tough like a Canadian winter to make your way through it ;-).

Edgewater, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

What's a ceasar?

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Bloody Caesar is a Canadian spin on the Bloody Mary. Instead of using spicy tomato juice...it's made using Clamato juice, vodka, lime and a rimmer such as celery salt or Old Bay seasoning. Garnish is optional but up here they usually come with either a celery stick or asparagus stalk. Not a big fan myself but hubs loves them.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 13:18
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Swept Away - Room MIni Bar Question

Don't forget to add in the Tabasco sauce and the Worcestershire sauce