We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Does anyone know what this 100 candle dinner is all about at Ivan's ?

How far is it from CSA ?

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

idiggy,

Ivan's is about a 15-20 min cab ride from CSA and so worth it! We had a "regular candlelight dinner there at a cliffside table to celebrate a special anniversary and it was wonderful. Here are a couple of threads that discuss the 100 Candles dinner. It's supposed to be magical:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k60581…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k71989…

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

A bit shorter drive - typically 10-15 min. Should be $10 each way per couple. (The cabs at the big resorts typically charge near-double that. Cabs on the road will gladly do it for $10. And when cabbing, always be sure to agree on the proce before getting in.)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Catcha will pick you up for free if you call ahead.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

We always go to Ivan's for drinks and dinner when in Negril. The 100 Candles menu is fixed and we enjoy the regular menu so have never tried it.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Have read that the 100 Candle dinner is 5 courses for US$175. This cost, probably, does not include any drinks and wine.

It is a private table on its own patio. Most of the 100 candles are along the walk to the table.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

So, in one of those threads someone mentioned a candle dinner(not 100) what's the diffrence? Don't say the # of candles! LOL !

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Barb,

We just emailed the resort and told them we'd be coming to celebrate a special anniversary and would love a private, cliffside table. We arrived to a table decorated with a purple table, seashells, and few candles. We ordered off the menu, and had excellent service, with one waiter who attended to us all dinner, and another who helped out. It was a very romantic, sunset dinner, and cost about $80 before tip for 3 courses plus a drink. I'm sure we got a private waiter because it was a very quiet night.

I believe the 100 Candles dinner is a prix fixe meal with a bottle of champagne, a private waiter, and truly 100 candles..for$150. It is supposed to be just beautiful. We did not see one. We had a great table, but there are a couple of even more private tables so not sure if you'd get one of those.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Thanks for the info! I am assuming your private table was truly "private"?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

I surprised my wife with the 100 candles dinner at Ivan's in October of 2012.

The price was $175. You get your own table set off from the rest with your own private waitress for the evening. The waitress always seems to know when to leave you alone and when you need something. We sat down just before sunset and enjoyed the nicest sunset while we were there. Free bottle of champagne comes with it. Five course dinner. Appetizer combo, salad, soup, entree, dessert cooked table side.

It was very windy that evening so the poor girl had to keep lighting the candles over and over.

Very romantic and a highlight of our trip.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

The tables on the main patio are dressed with a few candles. The a la carte menu is focused on seafood, with lobster taking about half of it. I went when the lobster season was closed for their mating, so I ordered blacken snapper which was superb.