We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

TORONTO
Level Contributor
368 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

I'm stuck on trying to decide what to do... I like the sandals bobsleigh, sky explorer and zip line tour but would like to see some other attractions as well.... With sandals it looks like 180$ pp and not sure if it would be worth while to hire the driver and do those plus other excursions...

Help or supply me a recommendation of other exciting attractions ...

Thanks

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

You might want to look for tours/excursions that are more in the Negril/west side of the island. Mystic Moutain is in Ocho Rios, which is going to be about a 3 hr ride - EACH WAY - from Negril. It's 1-1/2 hrs back to MoBay, and then about another 1-1/2 hrs east to Ocho.

There is a zip line at YS Falls, which is considerably closer. There is also Mayfield Falls more in the area. Personally, even though they show a lot of tours on the Sandals Negril page in the Ocho area, I wouldn't want to spend that much time riding back and forth.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,757 Reviews
Jamaica
Mayfield Falls
Mayfield Falls
1,084 Reviews
Jamaica
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Negril Beach...
5,790 Reviews
Jamaica
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,207 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

Totally agree with Winne above. Mystic Mtn is too far IMHO, and would be a better place to see when you're staying in Ocho Rios, or elsewhere on the north coast. Otherwise, you'll spend 6 hours travelling to/from and only a few hours of actually doing stuff there.

If you want a full day excrsion, I'd do YS falls, Black River, and the Pelican Bar. You can typically do that (or any tour) with a good cab driver more cheaply than an organized tour. Probably ~$350 total (~$200 for the cab, ~$20pp for YS falls, $60ish for a boat tour on Black River (?) and $30ish for the boat to/from the pelican bar.

2 great drivers we've used many dozens of times are Biggs (cell 876-410-0536), and Michael (876-433-8225). Both are punctual, dependable, excellent safe drivers, and nice to deal with. They be deligted to take you to Mystic Mtn, or anywhere else near or far as needed. Since cab fare between Mobay and Negril is $60 per couple, I'd expect Mystic Mtn to be ~$250ish round trip.

Enjoy!

Edited: 23 February 2014, 22:35
Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Black River
Black River
361 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

C&L's tour idea is a great one, YS, Black River and the Pelican Bar. If you are looking for dependable drivers checkout THE LIST in the upper right corner of this page. These are drivers that have been used by and recommended by other TA posters on a regular basis.

Mentioned in this post
Black River
Black River
361 Reviews
Jamaica
Nampa, Idaho
Level Contributor
851 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

Completely agree with the above posts about Mystic Mountain being to far and in my opinion it is not worth the cost. We went a few years ago and found it to VERY EXPENSIVE and not worth the $. You will save $ by booking your excursions through private drivers and not through Sandals. Plus you have the freedom to do as you please. If you see someplace along the way you want to stop a private driver will do whatever you want. Plus you will get a more personal tour of Jamaica.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
5. Re: Sandals negril tours... Mystic mountain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:18