We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

I am always amused when I see posters tell those asking questions that they should run a search. These comments always have me believing that they must think everyone is a search expert. So, for all of you who say this to others (you know who you are), I have a question for you.

I am trying to determine the quality of the internet service/wifi connection at Charela Inn in Negril. How can I run a search of the reviews for this property without having to read every review? I've stayed at the property before, but I did not have a computer with me during that trip. I need to do some work on this trip, so I am wondering about the wifi there.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

That's not a search GinSha1, that's a question for a forum like this.

I too get annoyed when someone tells me to "search" when I ask a question - I less annoyed but still annoyed when folks respond directly from a search they did as opposed to actual experience and knowledge.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question - hoping someone who has stayed at Charela and used their internet can.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

First of, probably 75% of the questions asked on TA can be answered with a quick search on Google or other search engine.

What exactly is it that you are trying to find out about the wifi at Charela? Are you looking for the speed, reliability, what exactly?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

Yes, that's what I am looking for.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

And to be more specific....I am looking to know whether I can expect it to work in my room or whether I will need to access it in a common area - the restaurant, closer to the office/lobby, etc.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

It's in common areas and rooms.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi

Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi

" Wireless internet works on the whole property, even at the beach!"

These are just a few comments I've found....

New Jersey
Level Contributor
319 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

My husband works each morning no matter where we are so wi-fi is a must. When we stayed at Charela last May he had no problem with the internet service in our room. We never used it anywhere else on the resort so I don't know where else it was available.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

Thanks to you all!

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

Often, questions can be answered by searching the forum rather than reviews. As you've probably noticed, there are some questions asked every few weeks on the forum...this however, isn't one of them.

I know you're specifically wondering about wifi in your room and that appears to be answered. I can also verify from experience that wifi on the beach at Charela worked very well for me in November. No password required.

Have a great vacay!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To Internet Search Gurus: Wifi Question re: Charela

Maybe I'm missing something but why would you need WiFi on the beach?