We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba Mugs

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burton Upon Trent UK
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bubba Mugs

Hi gang, Lots of people on the forum and review pages are advising to take Bubba Mugs to JA, I can really see the sense behind this and would willingly take a couple with us. However, search after search reveals me no outlets for these in the UK, yes you can get insulated mugs of various design but not really large enough, only around the US equivalent of about 13oz, when the average "pint" in the UK is around 20z, it would be nice to get somewhere around this size. To buy off ebay in US would end up costing around $40 for 2 mugs with the postage. So 2 questions, possibly more for UK members, does anyone know of a UK outlet for them, or does anyone know of a substitute type available here which is a bit larger than the norm, otherwise I guess it's going to be a road created in the sand back and forth to the bar, or drink it fast before it gets warm and go thirsty for the rest of the time.

Best regards to all.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba Mugs

jessiedawg Sorry can't help out here:( In the states at Wal-mart they cost around 6 bucks for a 34 oz'er How much was ebay asking for?

North Plainfield...
Level Contributor
903 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba Mugs

jessiedawg, I would happily pick them up for you at Walmart and ship them to you provided you cover the shipping costs. I'm really not sure how much shipping would be and if it would even be worth it, but I could do this for you if you want. My email is tecknik@gmail.com to send your address if interested.

Peace.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba Mugs

Jessiedawg,

When are you going to be there? I am in Negril Aug 12 - 19 and if we are there same time I will gladly bring you 2 bubba mugs. I live in Fayetteville, AR, right in the middle of Wal-mart country! I already have more than a few of those mugs. Contact me via this thread if I can help. I look at the forum every day for any new fun info as I am leaving in a few weeks!!! Can't wait!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba Mugs

Had the same thought too, but figured the cost would be just about the same as getting it thru ebay :(

rehoboth beach...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba Mugs

i agree, bubba mugs are the best! unfortunately only Walmart carries them. i brought two to dominican republic and plan on bring four to negril aug7-14. i actually have two different sizes. will probably need a small suitcase just for these but then i will leave them there on the way home. if these dates coincide with yours, let me know, i am sure glad to squeeze a few more in the luggage.

Burton Upon Trent UK
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba Mugs

Jamaicasun / Kimberley, thanks for the offers of bringing the mugs over guys but we're at SATP 21st Sept for 2 weeks, so timings a little out.

Tecknik, helpfull as ever, nice offer but as Kenworth says, cost would probably be same as ebay by the time shipping was added, by the way, remember I mailed you a while back about school supplies, well its well in hand at this end now, loads of goodies put on one side already, will probably need a seperate case, will keep you informed.

But Kenworth you may just have hit on something mentioning Wal Mart. In the UK we have Asda, which was taken over by Wal Mart a couple of years ago, and work on the same pile em high principal once you get out of the food dept, so it's a little detour on the way home from work tonight to have a looksee. you never know. Price on ebay is around $9-10, plus $9+ for shipping, each, plus the charge by the cc company for changing £s to $s. Plenty of time yet to try and find something similar, unfortunately, just itching to go now. Thanks for your help guys.

NJ
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba Mugs

Who else carries these besides Wal-Mart? I don't shop there (for my own reasons which are not travel-related) and would prefer if I could get them at K-Mart, Sports Authority, Target, or someplace like that.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
762 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bubba Mugs

I have found them at Target as well as Duane Reade pharmacy.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bubba Mugs

funny I was going to ask later on about these insulated mugs......in UK I've bought a very tinyl insulated mug from petrol stations, but I'm not sure if this is the same thing ??? Has anyone got a link that I could look up to get a vision of one??..................Jessie can you let me know if you find anything similar in UK....and I'll let you know if I have any luck talso. The kids got fairly large large coca-cola ones off a cruise ship with their soda cards, but there kinda tall and narrow, with a lid that you can put a straw down into.....would this be similar ??

BOSTON
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bubba Mugs

Good idea....I was gonna bring some coozies for the red stripes maybe I will bring some kind of mugs also.