We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

Leaving little ones for first time. Will want to call once daily. I saw a post about this but it was a little dated. Can anyone speak of recent experience as to which way of communicating for free seem to be more reliable? Also, is lobby still best wifi spot?

Thanks

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

I know others did not have as good experiences, but we had great WiFi on our last trip right from our BFVS. It was speedy and we didn't get knocked off once. So, you may get lucky in your room. I know I have seen others using the lobby, so I'm sure that's a strong spot. If the other end of the resort is more convenient, the Great House has an internet cafe where it must be strong as well, I am guessing.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 16:40
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

WiFi was spotty at best in our Atrium Suite (rm 2119) and when we did pick up a signal in the room it wasn't very strong, so we went to the Lobby where there was always a great signal and used FaceTime without difficulties.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

We used WIFI on our IPhones and had no issue except on the beach (go figure....)

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
117 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

Great!! Thanks all. :)

Arnhem, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

It seems that it depends on where you are. First we had a room near The Palms, and wifi was o.k. Then we had a room at the South Lawn and, unfortunately, wifi was a joke. The lobby seemed to have the best wifi reception.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

Ours in an Atrium (2224) was terrible. We tended to catch up at the Palms and the Great House.

FL Panhandle
Level Contributor
417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

Ours in Bldg 12, near the Greathouse, was terrible this past year. The year before in the same room/bldg though it was great.

8. Re: CSA iPhone FaceTime or Facebook messenger?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:16