We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any update on the jet ski ban?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Any update on the jet ski ban?

We'll be at CSA in 55 days, and I hope the jet skis are still banned. I know, families of the jet ski owners depend on that money, but I would love to be in Negril without hearing the jet skis running all day.

Any word on the ban and how long it may last? If it hasn't ended already?

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

Dunno, but WE'LL be at CSA in 55 days too! WOO HOO!!!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

Do you arrive that day? We may be on the same shuttle! Our flight arrives at 11:10 from Baltimore on the 1st.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

I hope they have them back in full swing by August. Im looking forward to tearing up some waves!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

Yep. May 1st! Our original arrival was like 11:40. Then AA changed flights and now we don't get in until 2:05.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

That stinks! We'll (hopefully) be on the beach by then. Oh well, we'll see you there that afternoon!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

We'll be there until the 9th. With one other couple. We have the Pub Crawl booked for the 6th, if you're interested in joining us!

Telluride, Colorado
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

Bruce and Kelly, The 6th is a Tuesday. I did not think that the Crawl ran on a Tuesday. Is this correct?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

wanoyes, if you can get 8 people together, Lenbert will do a crawl on an off day. But anyone else can join in, too.

We're leaving the day after you, B&K. We're also there with another couple - one that we met in Negril 20 years ago this week! :) Thanks for the offer, but we decided to do a private crawl on the 5th. I'd read that some people with ressies weren't getting on the crawl, since the bus filled to capacity at the earlier resorts! Lenbert just drove past their resort and didn't pick them up! That stinks.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

Well that stinks. I'm sure our paths will cross anyway.

Isn't it amazing the people you meet in Jamaica?!?!? The "guy part" of the couple we're traveling with was on of my best friends in elementary school. Almost 30 years ago. We just reconnected last summer. But we've met up with CN friends at CTI, friends from year to another. A couple we met in 2010 came down to Fort Worth a couple months ago. In September we're meeting CTI friends from 2010 in New Orleans. And now we're planning a trip to the Keys with some CTI friends from 2009, 10, and 11. Just amazing!

America, The...
Level Contributor
8,143 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any update on the jet ski ban?

Julie and B&K,

I'm so happy for you for your upcoming trips to CSA! Hope we get to go in the fall in the end.