We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

New Jersey
Level Contributor
225 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Flying in on my birthday. I know that this is a younger crowd, but are there other older couples there as well.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

When are you going? We are in our mid/late fifties and will be there the end of April for two weeks. And yes, there are many 'mature' couples there as well. We met quite a few last year at the returnee dinner and on the beach. The older crowd were the ones who actually shut down the piano bar at 2am! Don't worry, you will find many different ages at SN.

Cheers!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

I have not stayed at Sandals Negril, but I have been to the three Sandals resorts in Montego Bay. At each of the resorts, I saw people in all age groups. Sandals does a nice job and has beautiful properties. I know you will have a great time!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
225 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Thanks Cassie, Going mid-September. Been to a couple other Sandals/Beaches and had a great time.

Hicksville, NY
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

We were there in February. There was a good mix of ages. We are in our fifties - we didn't feel old or young (there were several couples in their eighties!). The Sandals Negril Team does a a great job of making everyone feel included. You will have a great time.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Congrats!! I turned 30 at Sandals Negril - 20 years ago! :) I'm celebrating my 50th at CSA this year. You'll have a great time - enjoy!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Julie: you didn't tell me that! Hmmm...need bday cheer!! xo

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Cassie, I've already turned 50! We're not going on my birthday this time we wanted to wait for low season and cheaper prices - which means a longer trip! :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

cassie:

We will be there (SN) for my birthday as well (May 1). We get there April 23.

I will be 63 on that day and will probably spend the day snorkeling, paddleboarding and water skiing.

I'm easy to spot (short black guy with a very white mustache - large tattoo on right shoulder).

This is going to be our first for SN. Please stop and say Hello, would love to talk to some SN verterans.

Naim

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Naim: Sounds like a plan!! I noticed you are staying in the Sundowner Building. So are we! I'll contact you via private message when we get there and let you know which suite we are in. Hubs and I stayed in the swim-ups last year, so we decided to try the Penthouse Lagoon Suite this year. Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turning 50 At Sandals Negril

Njsun, you will be just fine. As others have mentioned, SN has a great age mix. We have been to SN many times, as well as many other Sandals, and have always enjoyed the great guest age mix. Congrats on the BD.