We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril

Henderson, North...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Negril

Well our group has decided on Sandals Negril. We have been to SGR and SWH. Really enjoyed SGR but SWH was TOP NOTCH! I hope SN will be just as wonderful! I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered!

Which night is the return guest dinner? Do you have to be signed up for Sandals select to attend or just a return guest?

We want to go to Rick's Café...does the catamaran go there or would it be better to just take a taxi? Any other places we should visit while there? We did the Pelican bar while at SWH.

If one person in your group has club service, can they make a group reservation for others?

Any other tips about SN?

Thanks in advance for your help...We've got a little over 7 months before we travel.....

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril

Vickie,

It is going to be our first time at Sandals Negril and we too want to go to Rick's. For us we are taking a taxi for two reasons. One its only about $20+/- round trip vs $170 or so on the catamaran. The second reason is so we can stay as long or as little as we like. We really want to cliff dive and then enjoy the sunset, so do not want to be constrained by time. Also there is tons of good information and knowledgeable people who will give their input. I'm sure they will be replying soon.

Ryan

United States
Level Contributor
11,655 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril

"does the catamaran go there or would it be better to just take a taxi?"

Yes the catamaran goes there during the day. You might want to take a taxi if you want to be at Rick's for sunset and/or you want to stay there a long time.

"Any other places we should visit while there?

See the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
409 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril

I heard that they recently moved the return guest dinner from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril

When we were there last November the return guest dinner was on Tuesday night. You do need to be signed up for the SSG program - if not, they won't know you are a return guest. It costs nothing to join it, and the benefits are many, so not sure why you wouldn't sign up for it.

Yes, if one person has Club, they can make the reservation. I don't know how big your group is, but sometimes for a group larger than 4, it can be more difficult getting a reservation for you. We just went thru this in Antigua in January. We were a group of 8, and had some issues getting a table sometimes. We never didi get a reservaton for the 8 of us at Kimono's.

The vibe at SN is different from that of SWH. It's more laid back than it is at SWH, and you'll quickly feel the difference. We love it at SN more so than SWH. Chris the bartender at the piano bar is a great guy and he will make you great drinks. This area is a fun place to hang out. Have fun!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril

The Club Sandals party is now on Tuesdays and Sandals Select dinner is now on Wednesdays

6. Re: Sandals Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:16