We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach vendors near rptb

Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach vendors near rptb

Staying at the rptb soon and just wondering if the beach vendors make it to that area? Thinking about the one with fresh juice, fruit, or other types of food. What type of food do you find them selling most often? How much do they charge?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach vendors near rptb

The vendors you will see on Bloody Bay where Riu Palace Tropical Bay is, are mostly singers, a couple selling cigars and cigarettes and a few selling beachwear, jewelry etc. We have never seen people walking the beach selling fruit or juice. Then again, we've only been there twice.

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
888 Reviews
Jamaica
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay
Hotel Riu Palace...
5,666 Reviews
Jamaica
Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach vendors near rptb

That's what I kind of figured. Was hoping that some came that way with the food and juices. But I realize that it's not the main beach and there are less resorts in that area. Thanks for the comment!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
472 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach vendors near rptb

One of the reasons we like staying at RTB is that there aren't so many vendors hassling you on Bloody Bay. As highandaway noted, the vendors walking the beach are mostly hawking smokes, trinkets, clothes, jet skis and parasailing. If you walk the beach. between RTB and Riu Negril, you'll find a food stand where you can buy stuff. It used to be the Office of Nature, but I think it's different now. Mostly folks hanging out, eating, drinking Stripes and enjoying a certain agricultural product.

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
888 Reviews
Jamaica
Hotel Riu Negril
Hotel Riu Negril
5,899 Reviews
Jamaica
Office of Nature
Office of Nature
162 Reviews
Jamaica
Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
625 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach vendors near rptb

dwg, ag. product. Would that be Corn?

United States
Level Contributor
12,771 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach vendors near rptb

"wondering if the beach vendors make it to that area?"

Yes

"What type of food do you find them selling most often?"

Never seen them selling any type of food.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach vendors near rptb

dwg51357, you won't even see jet skis now as there is a ban on them due to an accident back in January so it is a lot more peaceful and yes, there are fewer vendors on Bloody Bay compared to Long Bay.

None of the vendors will bug you. If you aren't interested, just smile and say no thanks. We rather enjoyed them especially the various singers like Donovan and the famous "Ciiiiiigg-arettes, cigars, cigars, cigars, cigars...It's gonna be HOT, HOT, HOT!"

Enjoy your trip. I wish I was there right now.

Mentioned in this post
Bloody Bay
Bloody Bay
888 Reviews
Jamaica
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
472 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach vendors near rptb

Guess we just missed the ban when we were there in early Jan. Good thing; my son was so happy to go jet skiing. Sitting here laughing at "HOT HOT HOT!" I loved that cigar guy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach vendors near rptb

OMG - after four years my kids still sing out like the cigar guy. I think he let them hold his stuff and walk the beach while my husband took their picture. It will be fun to hear him again.

I might also have to hire someone to sing to my husband since he picked the oldest and most off key guy to sing to me and it was A VERY LONG SONG that I just kept smiling to. Payback is a .....

Most places we go, vendors selling food or drink don't go much by the AI's. Just not enough tourists willing to pay for it.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach vendors near rptb

Yes, some are much better than others. There are 2 relatively young guys who sing together. One has a steel drum and they aren't good singers at all IMHO.

We think Donovan is great and Kevin is probably the best we have heard.

10. Re: beach vendors near rptb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:16