We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril first timer questions:

Rumford, Rhode...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Negril first timer questions:

My boyfriend and I ( we are 25) are going to negril for the first time in may. We are staying at xtabi on the cliff side. We are looking hop around from beach to cliffs to expirence it all. My question is.. Resorts along seven mile, are non guest allowed to go on their property? To hang out at their bar? Or lay by their pool? I assume if you can that there is a price.. But is this something people do? Do resorts allow non guests on their property?

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril first timer questions:

For a fee you can spend the day at any of the all-inclusives. Is it worth it, absolutely! My favorite is Couples Swept Away. If you're into snorkeling, scuba diving or tennis, their price for a single day is a bargain. If you're going to do it be sure to start with the buffet breakfast and go straight through to dinner at Feathers Restaurant where you'll need a reservation.

Happy Planning! ;~>

Edited: 04 April 2014, 00:38
Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril first timer questions:

Yes some do tho not all, CCLP will let you hang there if you buys drinks-food there, you can enter from the beach, not the front gate.

Also Country Country, Sun Beach would be a good choice and White Sands, maybe even TreeHouse, just tell security you want a drink at the bar or have lunch, Not so with the big AI, you will need to buy a day pass if they let you.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril first timer questions:

and welcome to tripadvisor

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
750 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril first timer questions:

You will love the cliffs and Xtabi . Get some info on here and take the Love Bus Pub Crawl, It is ran by a man named Lembert, it is a blast. There us no charge , he does accept tips. This will give you a chance to check out different places.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril first timer questions:

you can enter through almost any of the properties and some parks. Usually if we used there stuff we would at least buy drinks. We like to enter through places like Alfred,s, Sun Beach, Idle Awhile, Chances, Niah's pattys, and Margaritaville. Some places we like in the West End to eat at are German Bar, Trevor's (great place), Eddie DeBar, Ahh Bees, and Mango Cafe(cheap soup). We also like Pewees, No Limit Bar, Sir D Firewater, and Canoe Bar for late night drinks.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 02:53
United States
Level Contributor
11,669 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril first timer questions:

"I assume if you can that there is a price."

At the all inclusive resorts there is a fixed price. See the following for details

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c177356/Negri…

At the non-inclusive resorts, most only ask that you buy food and drink during the day.

"But is this something people do?"

Yes it is.

"Do resorts allow non guests on their property?"

The all inclusive resorts will not allow you on their property unless you pay. The all inclusive resorts have security guards and often fences.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril first timer questions:

Cosmos is my fav place to hang when not staying on the beach. Excellent food, nice stretch of beach that's quiet and relatively low foot traffic.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril first timer questions:

Agree with Chris and Liz, Cosmos is our go to place also, and we stay at AI's!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
432 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril first timer questions:

where do you leave your things while in the water ?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril first timer questions:

Good question----sometimes behind the bar if you are buying?