We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril, two story butler room

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Negril, two story butler room

Does anybody know about the condition of these rooms? Is there one we should request/avoid?

I know there are also two buildings...... we arrive on the 19th of April....

Also whats a great cruise to book...reggae or survivor?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
410 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

I believe only one of the two story suites has been renovated and the rest are scheduled to be updated this year. They are a bit outdated, but nice and the location is great! We stayed in them two years in a row and felt that going up and down the spiral staircase got old by the end of our trip. I prefer the building nearest the pool, but that is just my opinion.

We did the Survivor cruise one year and a different cruise this past November - it was on a Tuesday, but not sure what it was called. The Survivor cruise will take you to Rick's first. You can stay on the boat or swim over to Rick's. Then you will go to Margaritaville. They have a "survivor challenge" where you are split into groups and have to make a hut (at least when we went). Followed by a nice buffet dinner on the beach. On the way home there is a lot of dancing and drinking.

The Tuesday cruise was similar, but no challenge or beach buffet. You just stopped at Rick's and Margaritaville and were on your own for food/drinks. Same on the way back - dancing and drinking.

Mentioned in this post
Rick's Cafe
Rick's Cafe
4,191 Reviews
Jamaica
Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

I agree with Jem - I believe only one has been renovated, and that room # is 2102. OKDogLover stayed in that room, and gave me a tour when we were there last November. I took pics of it, and it is really beautiful. My pics are not on a public forum, but if you want to see them, send me a PM with your email address. This room is the one located closest to the water sports/dive shack. The patio is not particularly private as there is traffic to the water sports area and also to the Millionaire Suites, which are behind this bldg, but it is a very lovely location with a view of the beach and water.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

We stayed in that room and loved the location! We were there before it was renovated and still liked it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

Thank you so much

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

Mackenzie - I replied to your message; check your private messages. :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

It looks like you're going to be at SN when we arrive. We were thinking about these rooms as well but decided to book a room in the sundowner building on the second floor. Would love to see these rooms in person if you're willing.

We arrive on April 23rd. When is your last day there? Hopefully, I'm looking forward to meeting a few couples from this forum there this year.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

Naim: we will be looking for you!

Mackenzie: we arrive on the 24th. Are you still going to be there?

Edited: 10 April 2014, 02:19
Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

About the two story suites...one major problem imo is that there is only one bathroom...which is on the second floor. Plus, as someone else commented, the spiral staircase gets old after a few days. We toured one last year, looking for a suite for friends who want to stay at SN. Not impressed! We ended up suggesting other buildings and they have recently booked the Palms Building for this Nov. Now, since all of the two story suites are due for reno this year, my opinion might change. Maybe put in a two fixture bathroom on the main level? :)))

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

I agree with you CC on the two floors. Those rooms are quite nice, but the spiral stair case was a pain for us. Whatever you wanted was on the opposite floor!

Naimi, the Sundowner rooms are the best, especially the swim-ups. You should be very happy with those.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Negril, two story butler room

Thanks jem