We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on places to stay please!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Skowhegan, Maine
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on places to stay please!

Hi! I spent 9 wonderful nights at Grand Pineapple in March with my husband, 12yo daughter and my parents. We loved the location, staff, and beach! We had the best grilled lobster at Ivan’s on our anniversary! My husband and I walked from GP up to Beaches/CSA each morning. Wonderful vacation….So, we are planning to go back, just the two of us, for 2 weeks in Feb 2015. I really like the idea of eating locally and saving some money by having drinks and some meals in our room. I don’t really want to do all inclusive again. It seems to be a waste for us because we like a few drinks, but don’t eat or drink THAT much- I also like to try local places. I am looking for suggestions on places to stay. These things are important: shade on the beach, close to bars and restaurants, fridge and coffee pot in room, king size bed (we slept in a double at GP because our daughter was with us- really needed a bigger bed!!), safe place for a long morning walk, porch/patio attached to the room, ice machine available, quiet and peaceful…- I can’t think of anything else- it doesn’t need to be fancy, just safe, clean and comfortable. I have looked at Negril Tree House, Country Country, CoCoLaPalm, Charela Inn- I like the area between GP and Margaritaville for walking. I also don’t want a room on the other side of the road- must be beach side. Thank you so much for any suggestions or thoughts- this forum was really helpful in planning our PERFECT trip to Negril last month! Can't wait to return!

Toronto
Level Contributor
924 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

I think you picked the most popular non AI resorts on your list. I have been going through the same process and have settled with Coco Lapalm because its the best price. I am going off season , so there are deals and the prices are lower to start with. We also are trying non AI for the first time, so location and amenities , you cant beat Coco. Good luck with the process and let us know what you decide on. Negril Onestop is really your best place to start.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

Might want to check out Idle Awhile too while your at it:)

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

Coco La Palm or Idle Awhile are both excellent choices, we stay at Coco every year, that stretch of beach is hard to beat.

Skowhegan, Maine
Level Contributor
65 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

Thanks! Idle Awile looks perfect!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

Hope you can get a room, it stays booked with repeaters:)

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

Add Nirvana to your list. No ice machine, but full size fridge with ice trays, full kitchen with cook service in most rooms. Huge beach with plenty of shade and only 30-40 guests max.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

rrgrant

Happy to hear you enjoyed GP. When we have a stay of 10nts or more we like to do a split stay, usually any time more than 7nts at any given property becomes monotonous and kind of a Peyton Place type atmosphere. We like to mix things up during an extended stay in JA.

Have you considered a beach split 7/7 or a beach/cliff split 10/4? idle Awhile & CocoLaPalm are 2 of our favorite non-inclusive beach resorts in Negril, Charela Inn is also a great pick - as mentioned these properties sit on a superb stretch of Long Bay Beach and are in a great location as well. For a unique seaside cliff experience in Negril, you may want to consider Catcha Falling Star, Tensing Pen or Rockhouse for part of your 2 week stay.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
635 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

If you do a beach / cliffs split there are lots if inexpensive choices in off season. Xtabi reg rooms rin about $65 you can get a frig. . Catch a falling star you can get the Gatehouse room for $95 or the Gem. Rooms for $135 or less. Can't go wrong with either of these. Lots of walking places to eat which are cheap. It's a very laid back atmosphere, no hustle and bustle.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

My top picks are Country Country and Charela.

Don't know if you have any flexibility in your dates, but until Feb 6th, you can get the "stay for 14, pay for 11" through negrilonestop for Country Country. negrilonestop.com/countrycountry_rates.shtml Click on the left "specials" link on the page. CC does not have a coffee pot in room, but an electric kettle, I brought along little filters that rest over your cup and made coffee that way. CC is quiet and intimate. Beach shade with umbrellas or along the back of the beach with trees. Large covered private balconies are a nice extension to your room. Premium cottages 513 & 514 have seaviews (you can hear the waves lying in bed at night). Some other premiums have partial seaviews. Excellent included breakfast.

Charela is a bit pricier and does not include breakfast, but you can pay extra to add it. Would pick a seaview rather than garden view there. Lower level seaview balconies are not covered and are wide open, no privacy. Upper rooms and suites may have some coverage and more privacy. Lovely, large beach.

10. Re: Suggestions on places to stay please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 17:11