We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
78 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

Alright guys, (and gals) help me over plan in advance! Lol! I know the sand gravity will get us and I'm 100% looking forward to it but I certainly want to do a few things while at SN. The things I've looked at follow, please tell me your experience and if it's worth it: horseback riding on the beach, Pelican Bar, Ivan's, One Love Pub Crawl. Those are the things I've thought of doing. Please fill me in on any great excursions, sites or places to eat. We'd love to get some amazing lobster when there as well. Also, is there any deep sea fishing? We've always wanted to try it. Thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

Yes, there is deep sea fishing, and I would budget some US$550 for 4 hours.

Lobster season is closed until June 30 (started at April 1).

I have read that the guys that were renting illegal jet skis are now running horses up and down the beach, which is also illegal (think of the poop [which is not picked up from the sand] or even if in the water).

I would put this on your list:

One Love Pub Crawl

Ivans

Pelican Bar (which is a drive)

YS Falls + Black River Safari

Know that is list is a bit too much for a one week stay once sand gravity kicks in. You can save half of it for your next (or third, fourth, fifth) Negril visit.

Level Contributor
78 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

Hedo, thank you! We will be there in August so lobster will be in, thank goodness! Sandals has a horseback excursion so is that not legal for them to run??

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,951 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

I'm sure Sandals excursion is legal. Perhaps they use Chukka or nearby Rhodes Hall. Re: best things to do... that's one of the most often asked questions here. Do a search for 'best things to do' in this forum and you'll get tons of good suggestions from past posts. :)

Re: fishing, my admittedly-somewhat-uninformed 2 cents is that Negril isn't the place I'd choose to do it. It's not a fishing destination (deep sea anyway), and there are plenty of other more wonderful things to fill your time.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

What is illegal is bring the horses down to the beach and into the water no matter how/who it is organized. But tourist want to do that and the horse masters just lead them down to the beach.

Level Contributor
78 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

I did a search on the horseback riding (should have done before) and I just told hubs I don't want to do it. I'm not interested in under fed horses being made to do things they'd rather not. YS Falls looks great! I think I'd like to have a driver take us there for part of the day. I've read Pelican Bar is a good bit off but looks too good to miss. Would hiring a driver to take us from SN to YS then pelican be realistic?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

Yes, we did YS Falls and the Pelican Bar together and it was fantastic, a nice day out. After that the only other thing I might consider is the One Love Pub Crawl. Because there will be many things to do at Sandals! You want to get your moneys worth while there! The pub crawl is fun, depending on who goes,it can be very crowded or not! There is also lots of drinking in a short span of time, but I've done it twice and will prob. do it again in October!!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

We also did YS with the Pelican Bar. You can schedule lunch at the Pelican Bar, or you can stop in Middle Quarters for lunch. We're doing Middle Quarters again, since their shrimp is the best I've ever had! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

One Love Pub Crawl was amazing. Great way to see Negril!

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
328 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

What is the One Love Pub Crawl? Just going to different bars?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Number one must do/see/visit/eat!!!

CoolPaPa, that's exactly what it is. If you do a search for One Love Bus Bar Crawl, you'll find tons of threads about it.