We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
241 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Me and my husband are thinking of coming back to Jamaica for our anniversary in July, We were married at sandals in ocho Rios, and loved it! Thought we would try a different location in Jamaica maybe either Negril or Montego Bay? Would like another all inclusive because it so convient and something that has some activities at resort to do! Can't afford to do a sandals again or couples resort though! Thinking maybe Pineapple Resort in Negril,Tree house resort, Legends resort(saw they had a groupon deal) , I'm not sure where in Montego bay, Maybe Riu ! Need some help picking please or recommendations. everything looks nice online!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Summer

Of the resorts you are currently researching I would pick Grand Pineapple. It is the most moderate of all Sandals Resorts so you won't have all of the inclusions but it is a great value on a great beach with the great service you expect from a Sandals Resort.

We are long time repeat Sandals & Beaches returning guests as well as long time Grand Pineapple returning guests and have enjoyed each and every one of our visits. GP is such a good price which will allow you to enjoy all Negril has to offer while having the convenience of an AI as your home base.

You will earn SSG points, can use your points towards your stay at GP and your nights spent there will count towards your 70 paid nights to get your free week.

Enjoy your research and your return to Jamaica!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

SGR is our favorite, and we also stay at CSA in Negril --- with that being said we have also stayed at Grand Pineapple in Negril and would not hesitate about going back --- it is owned by Sandals. The location on the beach is perfect and the price is right. There are only 65 rooms and there is only 1 dining option which is buffet and 1 bar. It cannot be compared to the larger resorts but we loved it. It is a very quaint and colorful resort. If you are a beach lover I would pick Negril over Montego Bay--- best beach on the island.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Thanks! What is SGR and CSA in Negril?

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

I have also looked at the cliffs resort and cocoLaPalm as they have good reviews too?

Telluride, Colorado
Level Contributor
224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Grand Pineapple rocks! I'll be back in 8 days!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

@Summer K --- SGR is Sandals Grand Riviera in Ocho Rios and CSA is Couples Swept Away.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Summer

CocoLaPalm is another long time favorite of mine in Long Bay Beach. I like the location of CLP over GP as well as the larger beach area. Your stay there will include free continental breakfast & free wifi.

Our favorite cliff resort is Catcha Falling Star. Perhaps consider a split stay beach/cliffs.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Thanks for suggestion. I just looked at catcha falling star and that looks really nice ! Maybe we could split trip up. Is that close to grand Pineapple? How does Catcha Falling Star compare to The cliffs ? Any food included?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

wanoyes

Enjoy your return to GP (I know you will!).

We will be back at GP in late December! Although we do have a three week trip to JA booked for July, so we have 2 countdowns to wings up and down in Negril!

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
241 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help 2nd trip to Jamaica which resort?

Does Grand Pineapple have any show or entertainment there like some other allinclusives? any any water activites to do?