We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hall

Vassalboro, Maine
Level Contributor
457 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Hall

Has anyone been to Rose Hall ? If so, what's the entry fee ? Was it worth the trip ? I enjoyed reading about the story behind the so called, " White Witch of Rose Hall." Also, in Montego Bay, where would be a good place to stop to do some shopping? My wife wants to buy a ring to replace the one she bought years ago in Negril which she had lost. Any thoughts would be appreciated. We leave this Saturday, May 10th.

United States
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Hall

" in Montego Bay, where would be a good place to stop to do some shopping?"

Stop at the 'hip strip'. There are many places along the strip where you can shop.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Hall

What kind of ring was it?

Vassalboro, Maine
Level Contributor
457 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Hall

Thanks for the information.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rose Hall

If you go to Rose Hall go at night for the haunted tour. I know it sounds hooky but it was well done. We had a 10 year old boy with us and he definaly jumped...but so did a 20 something guy who was with another family. If you are going all the way back to Montego Bay from Negril you might also want to do the Luminous

Lagoon, which is in near by Trelawney. this is also something you do at night and it is amazing. You go out on the water and you can see it light up. There are only three places the world were the effect is this intense and it is really worth seeing. I would highly recommend if you haven't gone before.

Washington DC...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rose Hall

The entry fee is $20 usd, and it is definitely worth it for the night tour! I went with my family (all in our 30's) and the atmosphere was creepy and cool, and they actually have 'actors' that jump out and are dressed in ghost costumes, etc. I wouldn't bring my kid under 5 though- might be a bit too scary, and for elderly people it might give someone a heart attack! Definitely do it, it's alot of fun. The day tour is a bit slower and doesn't have actors, but it is also very informative to see how people lived back then and is good for history buffs.

Vassalboro, Maine
Level Contributor
457 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rose Hall

I would like to do the night tour but my wife is chicken !! I can't even walk into the bedroom at night without scaring her !! I know that I have left myself wide open for this one folks !!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rose Hall

It's not that scary!

Really the night tour is more eerie than full on scary. The actors are not dressed in zombie like outfits but are dressed like they would be for the period the plantation was open. We learnt a lot about the plantation as well, and the horrible condition some lived in.

Don't forget Luminous Lagoon. Your wife will find nothing scary about this ...it is amazing

8. Re: Rose Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:17