We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripadvisor reviews

Maine
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tripadvisor reviews

There was a terrible review on Negril Palms for a few days, and I noticed yesterday it was completely gone (still not there)...I guess my question is...How can we trust the reviews on Tripadvisor if they delete the really bad ones?

Mentioned in this post
Negril Palms Hotel
Negril Palms Hotel
542 Reviews
Jamaica
Toronto
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripadvisor reviews

I am starting to wonder that myself? Good question.

American Fork, Utah
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripadvisor reviews

Not sure what happened with that review, but I know that fishy or suspicious reviews will get removed. Besides, I don't put too much stock into any single review anyways.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 17:43
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,662 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripadvisor reviews

You can report reviews to TA and there are a number of reasons why. TA will review the review and pull it if they find something that isn't right.

I always look for trends in reviews. You are always going to have one that complains or one where everything was great. Look for those with details as well as look for trends over numerous reviews, both good and bad.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripadvisor reviews

Hi Marie G, You can't trust the reviews, not all of them. Some are bogus and if they are proved to be bogus they are removed. Anyone can write a review, good, bad, whatever. A place can get wrongfully slammed or praised in the reviews. Yes, look for trends. Look for places where reviewers have a history, not just one review just to slam or praise the place. Those are the most likely to be bogus. Although once someone used my identity on TA to write a review praising a hotel in Italy I had never been to. I had never been to the town. TA sent me a message thanking me for the review as they generally do and I replied "Nope, not mine. Bogus." It was removed immediately. Stuff happens.

Bloomfield, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripadvisor reviews

Every review should be taken with a grain of salt....

It's all a matter of personal opinion ,,,,,,

T/A won't remove a review just because it's negative!!!

I HOPE !!!!!

6. Re: Tripadvisor reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:18