We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap cliff side eats?

Rumford, Rhode...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Cheap cliff side eats?

Where is the best, less expensive food on the cliffs? Been to 3 dives and that runs you around 1000 ja for some chicken. I've seen other smaller places charging more like 500.. Which places are good stops? Is there any patties on the cliffs?

Munford, Alabama
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Sharks

Munford, Alabama
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Ahhh Beees

Ltu Pub

Chicken Lavish

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Sips n Bites. Really awesome Jamaican home cooking, very reasonably priced. Large menu. I've had their brown stew chicken and it and the included sides were delicious. Closed on Saturdays.

san antonio
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

$1000J is pretty standard for 1/2 chicken, $500J will usually get you a 1/4. If you want cheap, go down to Corner Bar, great, local food.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Actually 3 Dives charges about $6-700 for 1/4 jerk chicken with bread, I ate there several times last month.

Cheapest good food I had though was Soupie's up by Seastar Lane, land side of the street. It's a box lunch-ish place with tables out front. Only goat was $1000, chicken etc more like $5-600 and a small ackee and saltfish was like $400.

Just Natural far out west on Hylton Ave had lots of entrees in the mid-to-high hundreds.

Rumford, Rhode...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Went and had lunch at sips and bites. We have been going to just natural for breakfast ( best honey French toast!!) thinking about going my canoe bar later.. Is there anyone selling patties on the cliff side???

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

I think Out of Town Pastries by Just Natural I think, has patties.

Have Pineapple Chill dessert at Canoe, awesome, as is their French press coffee.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Jenny's is affordable and Connie is a great cook. FLAVOR. It is next to Tayon's.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
357 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

Another vote for Soupie's! She is across from Ricks and just a sweetheart of a lady. Her fried chicken is delicious and something like $600 jmd.

She will also make a Jamaican breakfast of Ackee and salt fish.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap cliff side eats?

I think Kajah told me to check out Soupie's and I'm glad, because it was a great spot!