We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

If I book private transportation to the resort, do I need to let the resort know ahead of time and how do I go about that? Will I get there faster than taking the bus? Does the same bus take to all 3 resorts or will there be one bus for Couples Swept Away? And lastly, can I sign up to snorkel every day and if there is a better "paid" excursion for it, please let me know as that is our favorite thing to do. I know I will have more questions, but will try to read all of Caviargal's posts before asking them. LOL!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

The shuttle will stop at both Couples resorts and stop along the way. We either fly or take a private as we are not interested in waiting or stopping. We stop in at the Couples lounge and let them know we are taking our own transport.

United States
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

"If I book private transportation to the resort, do I need to let the resort know ahead of time and how do I go about that?"

It is best that you stop at the Couples lounge at the airport and tell them that you are doing a private transfer. Otherwise they may hold the bus waiting for you.

"Will I get there faster than taking the bus?"

Maybe. It depends on many factors. Normally, if you are taking a taxi, private limo, etc. you will arrive about 20 min. quicker. If you are flying to Negril you will normally arrive about 1 hr. quicker. Under some conditions, however, the shuttle bus has been known to get you to your hotel faster than flying.

"Does the same bus take to all 3 resorts"

There are only two (2) Couples resorts in Negril. Couples SweptAway will normally be the second and last stop.

"will there be one bus for Couples Swept Away?"

No.

Toronto
Level Contributor
924 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

I have gone to CSA twice and taken the provided transportation and never stopped once. I guess both times our bus was full of people just going to CSA. The driver will sometimes ask if people want to stop on the way, and you can say No. We fortunately have never been asked, the driver just did not stop. We have also gone to CSS 4 times in Ocho Rios and never stopped on the way either.

We don't mind taking the bus as its quick, free and we have met people on the bus that we are still friends with.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

We have also always taken the Couples transportation. I think Vinnie prediction of arriving maybe 20 minutes earlier using a private transfer may be about right ( but honestly, would not be more, and maybe less).

CSA free snorkel trip will be the same if not better then if you took a snorkel trip off the resort as a paid excursion, so do not bother. However, many enjoy the night snorkel trips offered by CSA, I think they are $30 per person

If you enjoy snorkeling, you may consider doing the free basic scuba class and dive offered by the resort. Many have learned thru this course, that scuba diving is something to pursue further.

Have a wonderful trip to CSA !

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

CSA's scuba resort course is, indeed free and it includes one open water dive in the Negril Bay to about 30-35 feet.

If you want additional dives, there is a fee of US$50 for each additional one.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 14:37
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
960 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

Personally I would not pay for the private transfers. We have been to CSA 3 times and just got back from Tower Isle. We have never stopped at another resort. We have made a short bathroom stop once or twice but honestly after taking advantage of the red stripe in the Couples lounge it was a welcome stop.

You can sign up for snorkeling as often as you would like as long as the boat is not full. We bring our own gear so sometimes as long as the boat is not over crowded they will still let us go. The CSA water sports staff is great and they try to take you to a different snorkeling spot each time.

Take advantage of all the inclusions Couples offers. It's definitely the best value out there IMHO.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

Thanks for all the answers! We are definitely going to do the night snorkel. We have done a resort course before and may consider it again. We always take our own equipment except for the fins. I don't think we will have time to catch the plane to Negril because we arrive at 2:40 pm and the plane leaves at 3:30 and I don't think that will give us enough time to clear customs, so it is either the provided bus or a private transfer.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

I wouldn't pay for a private transfer personally. This will be our 6th trip to Couples on Tuesday, and we've never waited for more than 10-15 mins at the lounge for a bus. If you do stop along the way, it will only be for a few mins, and if you stop to let people off at CN, you will only be there for a few minutes also. It really doesn't seem worth the $ to me. :)

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

As a huge fan of CSA, four trips in 7 years, I wouldn't bother booking private transport from the airport. We've been on transport when we were the only passengers and went straight to the resort. Depending and the day of the week and time of day you arrive, you may not be able to shave off enough time to justify the expense. Instead of using the money for private transport, I'd do a spa treatment.

Swept Away is the only resort I've been to that offers night snorkeling and it's a phenomenal experience worth every penny. The lovely thing about it is that the trip begins at dusk, so when you enter the water for the guided tour, you can see clear down to the bottom. In addition to pointing out marine life, the guides I've been with have been excellent about bringing things like lobsters and sand dollars up from the sea floor for you to see up close. You'll be surprised when you come up to board the boat that it's become so dark outside. You'll also be equipped with an underwater lantern that attaches to your wrist with a large rubberized band.

Since you like snorkeling, be sure to sign up for the catamaran cruise as you'll travel down Negril's coast and if the conditions are good, get to snorkel through a series of caves and completely different areas from where the Swept Away snorkel boats go.

If you type CSA into a search on this forum with any additional subject detail, i.e. snorkeling, restaurants, night life, you'll pull up a lot of great information from past posts.

Feel free to ask all the questions you need to.

Happy Planning! Best wishes for a vacation experience that will exceed your expectations! ;~>

Edited: 19 May 2014, 15:05
Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
513 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I finally pulled the trigger on CSA. Now a question?

As luci stated, you can snorkel while on the Cat. cruise, but you have to have your own equipment, you are unable to use the Resort gear.