We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The bus ride to Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
386 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
The bus ride to Negril

A big thank you to everyone on this website. You have provided some wonderful information that will be very helpful for our trip next week.

We have one more question for you. How "crazy" is the bus ride from MoBay to Negril? My mom is joining us for the first part of our weddingmoon and we are somewhat concerned that the bus ride may be too difficult for her to handle. Should we hire a taxi instead of taking the transportation that is provided with our trip?

Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The bus ride to Negril

The bus ride is fine & not as "wild" since the new highway has been completed. It's about an hour ride...you'll be going thru some neat towns, like...Hopewell, Sandy Bay, Lucea, Orange Bay, Green Island & arriving in Negril :) The driver makes a stop 1/2 way for refreshments & bathroom break.

ENJOY :)

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
84 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The bus ride to Negril

I think the taxi driver would be just as bad.....I am usually very nervous with other drivers. But they were sure of theirselves and I didn't hear of one wreck and we were there 10 days. I am sure the bus will be fine.