We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton
Level Contributor
447 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Hi all

We fly out at the end of September to the Riu Palace. Whilst we are there we will be celebrating my husband's birthday and our tenth wedding anniversary.

Is it worth emailing in advance to request a nicer room (we have a junior suite booked) or do they not accept these kinds of requests. We did this when we went to Mexico and got an upgrade, also they gave us cake on hubby's birthday and our room was filled with balloons on our anniversary, which was a lovely surprise.

Thanks in advance.

Jackie

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks in advance...

Hubby ;)

aberdeen
Level Contributor
136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

I would e-mail and ask. Some of the reviews indicate that the hotel are open to special requests. No harm in trying.

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Morag, we certainly will email the resort and ask! :)

We just wondered if anyone else had emailed requests to RPTB and whether they had had any success...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Yes I emailed the resort about 2 months prior to our arrival requesting 2 rooms next to each other and we were very happy with them. Sorry I can't find the email I had for the RPTB but when I do I'll post it for you. Have a great time we loved this resort!

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Thanks Gailie, that's encouraging news!

Would love to have the email address that you used when you have time...

warne, nc
Level Contributor
170 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

If you went through a travel agent, have them send the request. The last 2 trips my TA made for me, the check in clerk read the request back to me - so I know for sure it went through.

Barrington, Illinois
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

reception.palacetropicalbay@riu.com

That is the email address you want to send it to. Elaine is the front desk manager and will respond to your request.

Northampton, England
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

Many thanks for that, gg, we'll email Elaine nearer to the time we travel...

9. Re: Email Requests Prior to Trip RPTB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:15