We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril in June

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Negril in June

What's negril like in June? imagine it's very quiet this time of year? And very hot hot hot :) 5th time to negril but never during off season will there be snorkilng, parasailing? Hope the coco bread and ice cream mon are around too!!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril in June

You nailed it! Snorkeling and parasailing will be available. It will be HOT HOT HOT, though. Enjoy, we've been twice in June and loved it both times.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
47 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril in June

Well, my countdown is down to 9 days, so I will let you know when I get there. I love heat and humidity so looking forward to it.

tennessee
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril in June

How about rain? We are showing up Wednesday. Bon fire n a red stripe mon!

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril in June

There's always a chance of rain in June, but on our trips we only had one real storm that lasted an hour or so. It's luck of the draw, and I guess we've been lucky! Usually the rain only lasts a few minutes, and you welcome the rain to cool things down!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril in June

Yes its all that and more, not crazy busy but more relaxed. short rain is possible but no storms.

Boston...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril in June

15 days for me @ GP! Can't wait!!

Drexel Hill...
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril in June

I leave for my first visit to Negril tomorrow morning. I plan on being on the beach by noon... and if it raining, you'll find me at the bar :-)

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
930 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril in June

This year will be my first June with no Jamaica in 4 yrs I'm having withdrawals. Gotta wait till dec. it was hotter in ohiothen Jamaica .?not crowded at all airport was a breeze. Always traveled on sat and Sunday

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril in June

So I'm wondering about clothes to bring - we will be going in July. I keep reading things about how to pack light - only bring a carry-on, but I figure it will be so hot that I won't really want to wear many things more than once.

Should I just bring a ton of tank tops and shorts?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril in June

Heading to negril on Sunday morning :-)

Not worried about the rain, was there from January 17- feb 08 and it rained every day! Rain or shine you're in paradise! Any montrealers looking for a cheap deal fun holiday cheap cheap cheap!