We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Ski Ban??

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
751 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Ski Ban??

We were just in Negril in February and there was a ban. We will be going back in october, is the ban still on? Personally makes no difference to me but one of our group likes them. Thank you!

United States
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

See the following

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
751 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

Thank you!

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

Dang it , I was hoping not to have to hear or see them……

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

@Peaches0422 --- you may still not see them in Negril as they are only starting in Ocho Rios.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
788 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

They are starting with only 13 in ocho , as that is all of the 100 or so that have actually gotten a license those 13 are the only ones who have completed the safety training and actually have insurance.

As I have stated before, and as was stated in the above article, the hotel association wants a permanent ban , and if this trial run is troublesome , then that is exactly what will happen .

Canada
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

I encourage everyone who will be in Ocho Rios or Negril over the coming months to make your voice heard. For every rider out there "tearing it up" there are a thousands who are annoyed by it just sitting on the beach and hundreds who want to swim or snorkel who are put at risk. Speak out now before it's too late and make a difference. There are plenty of places where jet skis can operate safey without infringing upon the right of the vast majority to enjoy these beaches in relative safety and serenity.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

While I struggle with too much regulation, I have to admit it was peaceful for the most part on the beach without the jetskis.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

I hope they still keep the ban on in negril.. Sure was peaceful last season not hearing them buzzing around.. Without them it sure makes snorkeling/diving a lot safer... Even with floating flags and devices on the surface a lot of jet skiers did not obey the rules.... Makes enjoying the water very dangerous and puts many at risk to injury or worse

9. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 22:35
Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…western1.html