We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Ski Ban??

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
Level Contributor
739 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Ski Ban??

We were just in Negril in February and there was a ban. We will be going back in october, is the ban still on? Personally makes no difference to me but one of our group likes them. Thank you!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

The article states that each operator will need a watersports license (which was already required however most were operating without one). The fees for the license are high - and the number of licenses are limited. As I'd thought, with the increased fees for the operators and the number of licenses being issued a jet ski ride will probably cost more than it ever has. While the article doesn't mention it, the idea was being tossed around as to where exactly jet skis could and could not operate.

With fewer operators (due to high license fees), fewer riders (due to higher cost) and hopefully limited areas where they can operate I'm confident that jet ski fans can have what they want while the rest of us can relax without hearing them whiz by every 2 minutes.

12. Re: Jet Ski Ban??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:16