We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally Booked!

Shenandoah, Pa.
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Finally Booked!

4 nights OF at Charela Inn and 3 nights at Catcha (Sky). First timers looking for some advice on different places to eat & tips on night life for some live music. Also we are thinking of booking a tour or 2 (YS Falls). Is it better to book these in advance or wait until we get there.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally Booked!

YIPPIE! Both those places look great! This handy list might help you= tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k65996…

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally Booked!

THis might also help you with transpo to YS. Dudley responds fast= http://www.bigshiptour.com/tours.html

Shenandoah, Pa.
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally Booked!

Would recommend booking tours in advance or waiting until we arrive.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally Booked!

I would recommend booking the tours in advance via email or Facebook. Get the quote upfront about the cost of the tour and what will be included.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally Booked!

I have stayed at a number of the hotels in Negril. You have booked two of the very best in my opinion. Both are great values for the room rates.

Shenandoah, Pa.
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally Booked!

We are thinking YS Falls, Are they always closed on Mondays? What would be a fair price for that tour. Reviews say you should shop around. What are your recommendations for any other tours and why? Any other good stops on the beach or in town that you would recommend... for lunch/ drink specials. We will also be staying on the cliffs any recommendations there besides Ivans.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
713 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally Booked!

Call Lembert for the one love pub crawl. It's

It's of fun, free , leave him a tip he is awesome. You will learn new places to go you would have never of known. 876-874-6631

Bananznegril@hotmail.com

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally Booked!

I suggest going to Seastar on Saturday night for their buffet and show. Singers, Jamaican drummers and dancers. Google "Seastar Inn". They offer free pick up and return to your hotel. There are lots of great restaurants on the west end. I've got a long list try after 4 trips. LTU, Murphy's, Swordfish, Debar, Xtabi, Rockhouse...lots more, some pricey, some not. My fave meal last trip was at a small, local place that serves a large selection of delicious home cooked local food. Sips n Bites. Very reasonably priced. I had brown stewed chicken and it was so good. They are closed on Saturdays.

Make sure you print a copy of the Negril map so you get an idea of where these places are, and any others that are recommended.

I don't think I'd plan more than one excursion being that you're only there 7 nights and moving from beach to cliffs. Take the time to go for walks and explore each area.

There's a thread you could search for called Negril happy hours and entertainment list. That, combined with the map will give you plenty to see and do in the area.

florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally Booked!

Make sure to go to murphy's restaurant about one mile from ricks cafe. Best food in jamaca. Small and quaint with outdoor sheeting...not much to look at but the food is gourmet Jamaican. Best $10 You will spend. Skip ricks...it is a dump with gross food overpriced weak drinks and a sunset that can be matched almost anywhere.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally Booked!

Look up Rocky's tours, they do a Rocky Thursday tour that includes YS, $100 pp. not a big bus, still fairly personal with perhaps 8 other people. Mayfield Falls is beautiful too and only about an hour drive each way.