We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
200 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First timers!!

We were wondering what is your thought about CSA? and also what is the difference between Couples swept away and Couples resort? We are trying to book a place for our honeymoon this September and would really appreciate any information you can give. Thank you! FYI We are pretty easy going people, we like good service, great beach location, prefer to have a gym in the resort, room service, AI, safe environment, and healthy food for the Mrs.!

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers!!

LovesTravel, congrats! I got married & did my honeymoon at CSA in 2006, lol they call that a weddingmoon. For first time trips to JA I really think Negril is the best area because it gives you all the things you think of when you think of a perfect island getaway. Both CSA & CN are excellent places. They both give you the same inclusions so in terms of that they are equal. Really it all comes down to location & room decor. CSA is the bigger of the 2. CSA sits on a more lively beach which means more people watching/vendors walking by. Whereas CN sits on more quiet Bloody Bay. If a gym is a must CSA has the biggest sports complex in JA with 10 tennis courts & free pros to play. Also a lap pool. Also CSA has a disco. We prefer the large balconies at CSA. We have also did CSS in Ocho so if price is a concern, give CTI or CSS a look as both are great places to, just in a different area. Atrium rooms at CSA have the same hammocks as the top rooms at CN. All Couples are safe, no worries there. CSA also has healthy Seagrapes sfe which your wifey might like too. Hope this helps, really you cannot go wrong with either. Also if you sign up before your trip for the )FREE) romance rewards program, you can do a 'trading places' day & they will shiuttle you to the other resort for the afternnon, so you can check out the other place you didn't pick, lol for future trips:)

https://couples.com/romance-rewards/

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers!!

We head to CSA for the 3rd time in a week and 1/2. As far as room service goes --- CSA only provides a continental breakfast for room service --- I don't know about CN. We prefer the location of CSA to CN. CSA will have a lot of beach vendors and strolling musicians as compared to CN. CN also has a AN section which CSA does not if that is something that is of interest to you.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers!!

We are headed to CSA in 2 days for stay #10 and have stayed at CN 3x.

Our preference is CSA for: longer and more lively beach; additional dining options; awesome sports complex; better evening entertainment; large terraces on all room categories; layout of resort.

Both have the same inclusions in terms of custom stocked mini bar, free wifi, room service continental breakfast.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers!!

Yes, both are great but you can only go topless at CSA while CN has an all nude seperate beach area. Lol I always forget that when I point out the 2 resorts, for some reason it always escapes me. You'd think being pro topless/AN I would not forget that bit:)

San Francisco...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers!!

My first trip to Jamaica starts tomorrow! Staying at CSA from the 3rd to the 7th. I'll report back to this thread when I get back from my trip. Hopefully the weather doesn't ruin the trip - expected thunderstorms all week.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timers!!

Have fun, can't wait to hear what ya think of the place:)

North East, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timers!!

Vinny- Don't stress too much about the forecast! It is very typical for the forecast to show a chance of thunderstorms every single day this time of year, as brief afternoon rains are very common! There is a very good chance it will be nothing more than a short storm/passing shower/nothing at all :) Jamaica has many microclimates, so the forecast is rarely spot on. One day last summer we spent a full day at Couples Negril with no rain at all, and when we returned to CSA other guests reported that there was a brief storm at CSA! We are headed to CSA in one week, and looking forward to floating in the hot, hot, hot weather! :)

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timers!!

Vinny, we will be there for those same dates. Weather is going to be great and afternoon showers are the norm.

Maybe we will see you around. :)

9. Re: First timers!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16