We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jonesboro, Arkansas
9 posts
Save Topic
RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

We've spent the past two summers at RPTB and loved it. We've just decided to take a last minute vacation this month. There is a HUGE price difference in the two properties. We walked to RIU Negril last year and I remember the beach didn't seem as nice. But any beach in Negril is better than no beach at home. Does anybody have additional input? We can go to Cozumel for a few hundred $ less but love the Jamaican atmosphere. Anyone thst can compare the two for us? Thanks!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

Look at Grand Pineapple, not much for inclusions and one buffet restaurant but very reasonably priced, small and in the middle of long beach. Good beach and very close to live reggae bands and tasty snacks.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

Thank you for your post. We really love Bloody Bay area. Any input as far as RPTB vs RIU Negril?

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

RPTB has the best beach. We were there in June and were so glad we stayed at RPTB! It is REALLY worth the extra.

I

Boston...
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

The Riu Negril Club hotel seems to have a lot more children than the RPTB. This is the main reason we pay a bit extra to stay at RPTB over the club hotel. The beach is much better at the Palace as well.

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

We have stayed at RIU several times and have never had any problems with it. True, the beach area is not as good, but a 1 minute walk in the direction of RPTB is fantastic. I try to get the best deals so I can visit Jamiaca more often.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

I agree howardmonty! We're giving RIU a try and will enjoy it I'm sure! I will write a review when we return and give my 2 cents worth on the comparison of the two. Last year price difference was $1000 for the week and we did RPTB. It was much more this year and like you mentioned if we aren't happy with the beach we'll just walk the short distance to RPTB. Two days, I'm excited!

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

We always ask for the 4th building for the privacy. Enjoy!!!

8. Re: RPTB vs RIU Negril Huge price difference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:18