We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

Our first time to Negril and CSA - and it is everything we dreamed it would be. Yesterday was arrival day. It rained for a couple of hours off and on yesterday evening so the beach party was moved to the Palms. It's all good. How could anything upset you when you are in paradise? The food here is really good. My favorite so far was the curried goat last night, and the fish tacos from Seagrapes today for lunch. Tonight we have lobster night at Feathers. Can't wait! We went out snorkeling today. Beautiful reef! The water is so crystal clear, and a beautiful mixture of blue and turquois as far as you can see. The grounds here at CSA are absolutely beautiful. We are in an atrium suite, and I love the lush greenery that surrounds us. The paths that meander through the property are nothing short of magical. We took the resort orientation tour and it was worth the time spent. Andre is a great tour guide and made it fun. The amount of information he has stored in his memory about the resort is impressive! The staff here are wonderful. They take great care of you. The resort is laid out beautifully and there is so much to do if you choose, but also you can do nothing and just relax. Which is what we are about to do now. Headed to the beach to chill with a rum drink in hand, maybe float around in that beautiful water for a while. Yeah mon, the sun is out and life is good! I'll try to post updates from time to time. We will be here until Wednesday and then headed for Catcha for 3 days to experience life on the West end.

Luxurious Carib Tours and Taxi Jamaica
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours
JuJu Tours
Sightseeing Tours
LivUp Jamaica Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Fabian Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Vineland, New Jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

Thanks for this great thread.....I have learned so much from so many of you. First time to Jamaica, and we too are splitting the trip between CSA and Catcha.....can't wait. We will be leaving next Wednesday for 10 days. Now I know not to miss the steel drums on Wed. Evening. Thinking about taking One Love Pub crawl on Friday....think it will be ok to book when we arrive? Can't wait till you post about Catcha....we are staying in the Sagi. So glad you had a great time! thanks so much for sharing the info.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

What means a route taxi is "full"

Here is what I have seen:

2 or 3 in the passenger seat

6 or 8 in the rear seat

2 or 3 in the open trunk

(yes this is not so extreme)

Route taxis stop often for drop offs and pick ups.

For me, a route taxi is not for the novice visitor to Jamaica. I am a novice even after 55+ visits.

anadarko, ok
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

We finally made it to CSA yesterday after our flight being cancelled Thursday due to weather. The first glitch happened at the airport. We had booked Club MoBay to avoid the line. No one from Club knew we were coming since they had waited for us the day before. Not sure who dropped the ball--tour operator or the Club. Finally a lady from the tourism board desk helped us after hearing my sob story--or maybe she heard my ANGRY husband. She took us through immigration quickly. The line completely filled the room! Shuttle ride was fun. Got checked into our room. Keys wouldn't work. The guy went for new keys. Never could get them to work. He gave us a key to the verandah door and that's still the only key we have. Beach party was enjoyable with a few new acts we hadn't seen before!

Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

Sorry about your troubles kteacher09, but now that you are there, shake it all off and relax and enjoy Negril and CSA. It's very easy to let all your troubles and cares melt away there. Cindyb135, you made a great choice to split between CSA and Catcha. Both resorts are amazing, though very different. We stayed in the Libra at Catcha, and we loved it. The only room I think I may choose over the Libra would be Sagi. It seems more private. You are going to love it! Couples has so much going on, there is a lot to do anytime you want. Being active people, we found ourselves trying to do it all! And although I am so grateful for the opportunity to sail, paddleboard, kayak, walk the grounds, eat at every restaurant, and hear some great music and dance, we didn't spend quite enough time just relaxing on the beach. Moving to Catcha for the last few days was perfect because it is so easy to relax there. I could literally sit in a lounger and stare at the water for hours at Catcha, and I'm not usually one to sit and do nothing. But the mesmerizing sound of the sea against the cliffs, the beautiful deep blue color of the sea, and the perfect lay out of the grounds at Catcha gave me the most peaceful and serene feeling, and truly allowed me to relax. I was very grateful for that. To experience both the beach and the cliffs is crucial in my opinion to really get a good feel for Negril. It's like being on two different planets, both just as amazing as the other. Watching the sunset from both places was great, but I'll have to give the edge to Catcha for sunsets. When they say the west end of Negril gets some of the best sunsets in the world, I'll say I have to agree. Stay tuned for more details and pictures. I have been playing catch up at work and haven't had time to write any reviews or really even begin to scratch the surface in sharing our experiences, but plan to because it's just too fabulous not to share. I am so grateful to Trip Advisor and all of the regulars and experienced Negril travelers for helping us to plan the most perfect vacation ever. I want to pay it forward by relaying our experiences and helping others to know where to go and what to do in Negril to make their dream vacations come true.

25. Re: Life is good! Greetings from Negril first timers.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:15