We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samsara packing list?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Samsara packing list?

Hello! My boyfriend and I will be at Samsara July 28 - August 2. This will be our second trip to the cliffs, but our first stay at Samsara. For those of you who have stayed at Samsara, are there any items you wish you'd packed, or came in handy during your stay? I've read that Samsara doesn't provide beach towels or any toiletries to speak of, for example. I'm looking for those types of packing suggestions -- we've got the bug spray and sunscreen covered :-) Any Samsara - specific tips are appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Samsara packing list?

I would bring an air mattress for floating around in that beautiful blue water there.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 00:37
ottawa
Level Contributor
214 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samsara packing list?

bring your snorkel gear and beach towels for sure, and be brought snacks (although there is a store really close by) because the onsite store is more bathing suits/expensive towels, etc. We are heading to Xtabi tomorrow and plan to go to Samasa for happy hour this week, so let me if you if you want me to check anything specific.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samsara packing list?

Samsara? Bring a reservation voucher for a better hotel.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
194 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Samsara packing list?

LOL, GerryG.

I have actually never stepped foot on the property (aside from Ciao Jamaica, which is pretty good). I plan to check out their happy hour on my next trip.

Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Samsara packing list?

Coffee maker and portable cooler is nice to have. You can buy everything you need at the store across the street. Pablos and Pressa one love are good places to eat. The staff are very helpfull. Million dollar view. this place rocks.

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Samsara packing list?

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions!

Gerry -- LOL! We stayed at Tensing Pen last time, but have a smaller budget to work with this time. Also, it looked like Tensing Pen's prices had gone up a lot since we visited last (August 2012). I've been warning my boyfriend not to expect this resort to be like TP. As long as we can jump in the ocean and relax, I'm sure we'll have a good time.

We're also doing the AI option, which I'm leery of, but...we'll see. We've never done AI anywhere, and the few reviews I've seen of Samsara's AI are extremely mixed. We're big drinkers, so as long as the drinks are flowing, we probably won't even notice the food, haha. I'm going to try to take a lot of food photos and write a detailed review on TA for others who may be considering the AI option.

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Samsara packing list?

Maryeh, thanks for your offer to check things out. If you see this post before you go, can you check to see if they have those foam loungers that you can take into the ocean? Meinvancouver (above) and others have mentioned taking pool floats. I certainly can bring a couple, but don't want to spare the room if they have floats available.

ottawa
Level Contributor
214 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Samsara packing list?

I am here now and it's lovely. Will check for foam loungers tomorrow and let you know. I would not do AI but you can buy per day when you are there. So many good restaurants very close by. I second Pressas which is right across the street. The people are so nice and the food is great. It's basic and cheap but Jamaican.

Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Samsara packing list?

Thank you!

ottawa
Level Contributor
214 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Samsara packing list?

We were at samsara for a drink and swim. I didn't see any floaties but there are new loungers and the property is looking good. Have a great trip and take a walk to xtabi for a swim