We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late august visit to rptb

Delanco, New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
late august visit to rptb

is late august normally a busy time at rptb crowded etc.? are the mosquitos always bad or some months better than others? does anyone know how much time in advance airport transfers pick up at rptb before flight departures? getting excited 1st time to Negril. thanks for any and all answers.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: late august visit to rptb

For you return to Sangster Airport, you will generally be picked up some 3 hours before scheduled flight time.

Mosquitos do not bother me, so I have not noticed a peak or slack season for them. Sand fleas do not bother me either.

Weather in August is very humid and hot with nearly daily humidity-driven brief showers.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
997 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: late august visit to rptb

Actually your transfer should pick you up 4 hours prior to your flight. That is what our driver did and it was just right with about 45 min to eat and get to the gate. We have been to Negril in Feb, March, April and now July. I would say there are more mosquitos when there is more rain. Avoid the beach early in the day and at twilight. Spray with Off or the like before you go to the beach on your ankles and you should be fine. I got about 8 mosquito bites this time and mosquitos LOVE me., Late August should be quiet. We were there this month and it was low occupancy. Read my review of RPTB. It was really enjoyable.

3. Re: late august visit to rptb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17