We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

While on vacation in Costa Rica, another couple had mentioned that they had a great time at a Couples Resort in Negril. I see there are 4 of them. Which one do you guys recommend. Having an all inclusive with good food is a must.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

after my own research, I feel like Couples Swept Away is for us. Any idea on where to get the best deals...we will be traveling from Sept 26 to Oct 2. We live in Sacramento, CA.

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

You can try Allinclusive outlet and Couples Resorts Experts. They usually are a bit cheaper than the Couples website.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

Mandeep, 2 of the 4 Couples resorts are in Negril: Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away... both are very good choices and our preferred is CN. It is smaller, compact, not spread out like CSA. Dining options at both are very good. I will give the edge to CSA in the beach dept but CN's Bloody Bay is still gorgeous. Less foot traffic on Bloody Bay, but more options along CSA's Long Bay... You cannot go wrong with either - and you have an opportunity to check out the other one from 10am-4pm with transfer included under Couples Trading Spaces...enjoy!

Stamford, Ct
Level Contributor
748 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

I love CN - the beach, the food, the people, just always wonderful. They have a great au natural beach as well.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

There are only two Couples resorts in Negril - Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away. The other two Couples resorts - Couples Sans Souci and Couples Tower Isle - are on the north coast (near Ocho Rios). We have been to both CSA and CSS and loved both. CSA has a beautiful beach, but we thought the food and service was slightly better at CSS. CSS is also more distinctive/unique in terms of look/grounds.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
314 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

As mentioned previously only two of the four resorts are in Negril, CN and CSA. Really depends on what you prefer. Personally I like CSA but my wife likes the smaller more intimate feel of CN. CSA has a much larger foot print than CN; CSA is located on the main stretch of beach (Long Bay) with foot access to almost 5 miles of resorts, bars, restaurants and shopping. CN is located in Bloody Bay; there really isn’t much on Bloody Bay other than 5 AI’s.

While the inclusions are identical, there are differences and in our opinion area’s in which we prefer one over the other:

Beach – Both excellent, CSA has more activity in terms of foot traffic and peddlers and as mentioned access to off resort stuff. We are split on this my preference is CSA, my wife is CN.

Rooms – Similar quality, CSA has more variety and larger verandas in most rooms. We preferred the Atrium Suite with it's large veranda and hammock we had at CSA over the Deluxe Beachfront room at CN. The rooms at CN felt more “hotel like”. Our preference is CSA.

Gym – Definitely better at CSA, it’s not even close. The Gym and spa are located across the street, with a lap pool, juice bar, steam rooms sauna’s, sports courts and open air gym, we used the gym at CSA regularly and never at CN. CSA wins.

Spa – Both are similar, we loved the couples massage in the tree house at CN. We prefer CN.

Proximity to stuff off the resort – Definitely CSA, just walk south along the beach lots of bars/restaurants and shopping. This is a big draw for me and the primary reason I prefer CSA, not so much my wife. At CN you are reliant on cabs to get anywhere. My preference CSA, my wife is indifferent.

Food/Restaurants – To us both it's pretty similar at both resorts, food quality overall at bothis really good. The overall dining experience at the reservation only restaurants was very good at both resorts. If more options are important to you then CSA probably wins. But we like both resorts very much. It’s a draw for us but I suspect others will prefer CSA.

Size of the resort - People don’t often consider resort geography/size, but they should. We liked the size of CN much better, a smaller intimate resort that helped to created a more social environment. We prefer CN.

Entertainment – I won’t fully comment on this as typically entertainment at AI’s don’t interest us much. Although both have nightly entertainment and a piano bar which gets pretty lively, CSA also has a small disco.

Service – We felt the service at CN was better; in part the size of the resort has something to do with that. The staff just seemed to recognize guests and interact far more at CN. While we never found the service at CSA to be poor, at times it was somewhat indifferent. We definately prefer CN.

Pool - Pool and pool scene at CN is way better than at CSA. We aren’t really pool people, but used the pool at CN daily. Never once used the pool at CSA. We prefer CN

Drinks /bars – For the most part drinks are similar in variety and quality…We love the Pool Bar at CN and our favorite bar at CSA was the Martini Bar …it’s a Draw.

Grounds – Both are quite lovely, but CSA is a bit more lush and tropical feeling, nice to walk all the winding paths, really quite lovely; this is one area where the size of CSA is a plus. For us CSA wins.

As a couple we are split, I prefer CSA and my wife prefers CN…so, I quess we’ll just have to alternate between the two :)

Enjoy your research, you can't go wrong with either!

Fallston, Maryland
Level Contributor
231 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

We prefer CSA, although we like CN. CSA offers more to do and has a gorgeous beach-- it sits on the same beach as CN. You can walk between the two or do the day at the other, opposite of the one you stay at. The food at CSA was good and we took advantage of the specialty meal nights. The activities and classes offered were so fun.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

We prefer CN as it is more intimate. The rooms are nicer and IMO the beach is much nicer.

9. Re: Which Couples Resort to go in Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17