We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it a good deal?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is it a good deal?

Hidden Paradise resort, Negril

$2500 for 30 days. Can you tell me if that's a good deal please.

Thank you.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it a good deal?

What time of year? Regardless, you should get it for a max of $1800...I'd shoot for $1500 or even less. Where did you get the price from?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it a good deal?

Sorry, I was sleepy!

The travel agent gave me that quote for Mar, 2015 , one bedroom suite w/kitchen. I've been searching and reading TA, Negril message board ... for a place for a few months that is on 7 mile beach- no cliff though, a clean and safe room to enjoy the ocean and watch the world go by is enough for us!

I haven't bought our tickets yet. That quote comes with the tickets for two.

Thank you for your help.

catcat

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it a good deal?

In my opinion, no that's not a good deal for 30 days. You can rent an apartment for a month for$700-$800. At point village or negril beach club condos.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it a good deal?

Thank you for your help. I'll go from there and check on Negril Beach club , Point Village.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it a good deal?

Are you saying your quote includes airfare for two? If so, $2500 is a good deal from Edmonton.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it a good deal?

I agree flights from the west are expensive! So for 2 people about 65% of that is flights correct?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it a good deal?

Oh no, tickets are not included.

I'm searching vrbo, onestop ... for a condo which is close to the beach but not so isolated, Wifi, - $2500/ month tax included.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it a good deal?

Email Hidden Paradise yourself via their website and ask for a quote. Seriously, you can get a deal there for $60/night for a regular room - for a month stay, you should be able to get a kitchenette suite for a MUCH better price as afrocaribbean_kaycee stated. Hidden Paradise is across the road from the beach, but good location to store/restaurants. I stayed there a few nights last April. $2500 is WAY overpriced. You may want to try a kitchenette suite at Traveller's Resort as well, it's on the beach and very close to town. Email or call directly (check their website too) and ask for their best price....keeping in mind Kaycee's price suggestion as your negotiating tool....your top budget should be $1000 rather than $2500.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it a good deal?

I should have written, for places like Hidden Paradise, across from the beach or other places mentioned, you should be aiming for ~ $1000. For $2500, you should be able to get something on the beach. You could email Negril Treehouse, Crystal Waters etc and ask for a quote for the month. I know Treehouse would give a good monthly rate, not sure about Crystal Waters (if they have vacancy in a one bedroom for the month). Rack rates are much higher than $2500, but it's worth your time to email for a quote, or call. http://www.crystalwaters.net/descrip.htm

If you come across Sunquest cottages in your search, they are well located on the beach and have a couple of basic kitchenettes (no website or email, you'd have to call). Rayon hotel is also nicer than HP (across from beach, but you can use Sunbeach), some kitchenettes. Rondel Village has one bedroom villas as well. When asking for a quote, it's best not to give your max budget ($2500), at least at first. Ask for their best price and negotiate from there.

Negrilonestop and TAs will give the rack rate, best to negotiate directly with a property for a 30 day stay.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 00:50
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it a good deal?

Melody,

That's a helpful suggestion. Thank you so much! I didn't think about phoning or dealing with those hotels / resorts directly like that. I take a break tonight. I'll phone them tomorrow and negotiate. Will let you know though.

Appreciate your time and effort very much so.

catcat