We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

Hi

Im currently trying to arrange my first trip to Jamaica for my husband and I.

We will be staying at the sensatori Negril in Feb and have been looking at private excursion to Ocho Rios.

My questions being has anyone visited there from Negril?,how was the journey? and has anyone done the all day trip which involved the mystic mountain 3 activities ,river tubing and dunns falls?,I am having mixed opinions from the tour operators as to whether they can all be done in one day.

Also if you have any advice on sensatori,Negril or Thompson that would be appreciated also

many thanks

United States
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

"My questions being has anyone visited there from Negril?"

Yes.

"how was the journey?"

The drive, one way, from Negril to Ocho Rios will be a bit more than 3 1/2 hr. if you do not stop along the way for any reason. A stop for Red Stripe, the loo, food, etc. will lengthen the travel time.

"has anyone done the all day trip which involved the mystic mountain 3 activities ,river tubing and dunns falls?,"

Doing just one of the activities, for example, Dunn's River Falls, normally takes about 10 hr. from Negril. This total time includes both the travel time there and back plus the stop at the one attraction.

"I am having mixed opinions from the tour operators as to whether they can all be done in one day."

I think that it might be possible to do the three attractions but I would never want to try it (it's far too long a day for me). You are probably talking about being gone 16 hr. or more if you will attempt to do all three attractions.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

It was a long day and I would skip Dunn's falls over other attractions... in my opinion holding hands and sliding up a man made tourist trap was no fun (exit through the gift shop anyone?). I didn't hate Ocho Rios though the drive was long!

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

ok thank you both

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,492 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

Consider rescheduling the high profile tourist venues on the North Coast for your next Jamaican trip.

Negril has plenty to see and are not as touristic. These would include YS Falls (tubing & zip lining), Mayfield Falls, Appleton distillery tour, Negril Lighthouse (free — and tip the keeper), visit the nightclub "The Jungle", Black River Safari, book a snorkel shuttle, fine dining at Ivan's at the Catcha Falling Star resort in the cliffs region.

Then there is my often written about best excursion: get up from your beach lounger and stroll to the bar for you next drink (it not when, but what), then stroll back to your lounger to verify the Sea is still azure and calm and wet. Repeat as needed.

5. Re: Negril to Ocho rios excursion question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17