We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Negril

What is the difference between Deluxe Gardenview and Deluxe Oceanview at Couples Negril? Is it worth to pay the difference of $100?

Thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril

For us, no. There are no true oceanfront rooms and the difference IMO is minimal. We go with garden.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril

I definitely agree with Caviargal. At other Couples properties I think an upgraded room is well worth the expense, but not CN.

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
198 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril

Take the Garden view ask for building 1 when you check in and you will have a view of the ocean, we always stay first floor room, usually 1105 or 1104 and sitting on our terrace you can view the ocean. As stated no buildings actually face the ocean other than those set back further in the property with the road behind them.

Just left there Aug 8th!

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril

We just made this decision last night. We decided on the Oceanview over the Gardenview. The price was about $85 more for the week. Previously we stayed in a Beachfront room. I don't know if the difference between Garden and Ocean will be enough to justify the $85. But it was just $85 so we went with it.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril

I would also pay $85 for an upgrade to an Oceanview room for a week. However, that is because I really like the location of the main building used for ocean view. Building 7 is completely Ocean View. I personally like this section of beach, it is where I lay out. I also like the closeness to the the main eating area Cassava Terrace. Not a huge view of the ocean, but never bothered us. Also, like the closeness to the AN beach, without actually seeing it. However, came in handy for our late night dips in the AN Hot tub .

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril

Originally we were going to book the garden view, but our travel agent graciously upgraded us to the ocean view. Sooo, we shall see what if any the difference will be. I've read that there isn't much difference between the 2 and more folks were opting out for the lesser to extend their stay.

We are going in Sept. so I will let fellow TA's know in my review.

Cheers

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril

My husband and I recently stayed in a Deluxe Garden View room in March for our honeymoon. We loved it. I would not hesitate to book it again but if the resort happened to upgrade us for free, then we would gladly take ocean view. But we loved the location of our room. I am going through Couples withdrawals and really want to go back. Maybe for my 40th bday in 2016. Ugh. Don't want to wait that long. Good luck with your decision.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Negril

Thanks for suggestions. We decided to book the Oceanview, it was just $50 more per person.

9. Re: Couples Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16