We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding Tours

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Horseback Riding Tours

We're headed to Negril this week and are thinking about taking a horseback riding tour. We've never done this before and we thought it might be fun. We're on a tight budget so we're looking for a relatively inexpensive tour company, but still want it to be a positive experience. Anyone have any positive or negative horseback riding experiences they'd care to share? Price info would be helpful. Thanks!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

This would be your best bet in Negril area:

www.rhodesresort.com/negril-what-to-do.html

It's about a 15 min ride from Negril and they'll pick up and return you to your hotel. Nice place to snorkel as well.

United States
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

See the following for such tours

http://chukka.com/book-jamaica/?tags=Negril

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

Thanks for the help. Rhodes Hall looks amazing and is the same price as Reggae horseback tours. Anyone know if we can snorkel at Rhodes after a horseback tour without paying the daily fee?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

I think the daily fee is just for people wanting to hang out and snorkel. As you're paying for riding activity already I'm guessing you'd be free to snorkel afterwards. Just have to check with them regarding their last scheduled return to Negril.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
775 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

My daughter did the Chukka one and it was great thru the ocean and everything she loved it and they took pics. Very reasonable priced.

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

Don't do the one on the beach. We did it and I hated it. I'd of felt better if the horse had of ridden me, it was that skinny!

Rhodes Hall is meant to be brilliant

7. Re: Horseback Riding Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:18