We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples SA question - pools

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Couples SA question - pools

Hey all!

Planning a honeymoon to CSA in November, and want to get everyone's thoughts on the pools there. They seem on the small side...but are they still fun? Do folks hang out at the pool?

In my head, I'm more of a 'pool guy' than a 'beach guy', and compared to some of the giant free-form pools I've seen photos of at other resorts, CSA seems a little underwhelming. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance.

Everything else about CSA seems great - and I've never experienced a beach of Negril's quality, so that may turn me into a beach lover anyway...

Thanks for the feedback!

Toronto
Level Contributor
969 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples SA question - pools

The pools at CSA are underwhelming. Couples Negrill has a much better and larger pool. The beach is so spectacular at CSA, cant imagine sitting around a pool. The swim up bar part was always packed. I am sure so many others will advise you more.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples SA question - pools

We were there in June, 2013...The main pool was never used and the swim-up bar was crowded. We loved the pool at CN, used it every day; morning at the beach, afternoons at the pool! Not so much at CSA, never set foot in a pool over our 9 night stay. You won't be a "pool guy" at CSA; the beach is simply amazing with lots of space, plenty of shade, calm warm blue waters, two beach bars as well as green flag service. Wish I was there right now.

Only 470 days until our return...

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,625 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples SA question - pools

We were there in May, and the only pool we used was the one with the pool bar. The adjacent pool was used a few times, but it was mostly overflow from the pool bar. We never saw anyone in the main pool.

With a beach like CSA has, you don't need a pool at all. We were on the beach almost all day every day and never missed the pool.

It would be nice if the pool bar was bigger,though. We loved Beaches Negril's main pool that happened to have a pool bar! We did spend some time there every day before hitting the beach. Same with Sandals Negril.

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples SA question - pools

I considered myself a "pool guy" as well before my trip to CSA. We used the swim up pool bar quite a bit in the late afternoon, had lots of fun even though its not very big.

There is good reason the resorts in Negril have small pools, they just don't get the use they would get at other resorts or even on other parts of the island. We spend 3x the time in the pool on our latest trip to Ochi, our trip next week in Negril it will be back to the ocean.

nebraska
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples SA question - pools

I agree with the above responses. We thought we were pool folks as well.....till we hit CSA/Negril! We do spend time at the smaller pool bar, but that beach......and the entry into the water you cannot replace that with any pool!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples SA question - pools

I agree with what everyone has said, in fact I find a little humor in your question only because of a conversation that my hubby and I had last week while we were floating in the sea at CN.

When we first started going to Jamaica and to Couples, hubby was pool guy and I grew a beach girl so we spent most of our time at the pool at CN. This year the only time we were in the pool was to go to the swim up bar in the afternoon when it started to rain.

My hubby is now a beach guy.

But I do think that, in my opinion, CN gives you the best of both worlds. (now if they could put the rooms from CSA at CN, it would be the best resort)

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples SA question - pools

I agree, blondie. We love both the beach and pool at CN. Typically it's morning on the beach and afternoon at the pool bar. But I do love the look of the rooms at CSA. If they were at CN it would be fantastic.

8. Re: Couples SA question - pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:16