We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

Hello.

My husband and I are planning our first visit to Negril this winter. Although the AI resorts seem very convenient (we were considering Riu Tropical Palace in Bloody Bay), they really seem to stretch our budget as we travel during the busy season.

Neither my husband or I are big drinkers and we only eat three times per day. We aren't picky eaters at all, and wouldn't mind trying more locally-sourced Jamaican food.

I really love the look (and reviews!) of Sandy Haven Resort, but it means that we would have to arrange our own lunch and dinner. Pardon my ignorance, but is it easy to find places to eat along the beach?

Are the restaurants accessible by beachfront, or are you required to walk on the road? I've never seen pictures of the surroundings, so it is hard for me to

picture.

Thank you for your assistance.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

You can hit numerous places, walking both along the beach as well as the beach road.

United States
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

"is it easy to find places to eat along the beach?"

If by 'the beach' you mean the beach on the Long Bay section of 7 Mile Beach, yes it is easy. Many, but not all, of the non-inclusive hotels have a restaurant. In addition there are probably more than 30 other places to eat along that section of beach.

"Are the restaurants accessible by beachfront, or are you required to walk on the road?"

Most of them are built between the road and the beach. The road is normally about 100 to 150 yards inland from the beach. You can enter most places from either the beach or the road.

" I've never seen pictures of the surroundings, so it is hard for me to picture."

It is a bit like Miami Beach only without the tall buildings. In Miami Beach the beach on one side and Collins Ave. is on the other side with hotels etc. between the two. See the bottom photo in the following

fitfathers.com/jamaicas-reggae-marathon-come…

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

Search YouTube for Negril Beach. There's 5 separate videos along the beach. It will give you a better idea. They're a few years old so you won't see Sandy Haven as that was redone about two years ago.

Sandy Haven is well located with many restaurants in walking distance. Do a forum search for restaurants and you'll find many names and recommendations. Some of the best restaurants are on the cliffs. Several restaurants will pick you up for free, you just pay a taxi for the way back. Seastar Inn will return you as well. A big part of the fun of Negril is trying out all the great restaurants. 😀

London, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

Wow!! Your responses and photos are very helpful, thank you! I feel much better about 'fending for ourselves' now. :)

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,951 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

There are many dozen places the eat/drink along Long Bay beach. Here's the map circa 2011, which is still reasonably accurate.

media.tripod.lycos.com/2567851/2007898.pdf

Grass Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
182 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

I would not do an all inclusive in Negril. Easy access to anything you need right from the beach. You will have a great time either way, but wouldn't want you to miss out on meeting the people and the culture of jamaica with an all inclusive. Relax and enjoy the beauty of negril. So many experiences to be had right from the beach... snorkeling boats, restaraunts, fishing boats, parasailing, bars, spa treatments, shopping... Such a beautiful place... have a great time.

7. Re: Are Seven Mile Beach restaurants easy to access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:17