We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arranging something special

Norfolk UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arranging something special

Could somebody help with regards to trying to arrange a little something special for my hubby, although its our wedding anniversary(24 years) so a lovely meal would be nice, is there anything else that SATP could help in arranging or things that they offer, unsure of what to ask, just want to do hubby something nice he will remember, he eats sleeps and lives birds(writes for ornithology magazines) so anything bird related is fab.

But any ideas things people have done would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jules

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,371 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Arranging something special

Rockland Bird sanctuary in Anchovey (near mobay) Maybe you can call and see if the groundskeeper can arrange for a dinner on the grounds....

Happy Anniversary!

PEACE!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,813 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arranging something special

I had my anniversary dinner at a truly wonderful restaurant in the Cliffs region. It is called Ivan's which is located in the CatchA Falling Star. Ivan's opens to the public at 5pm. The outside dining area offers a fantastic view of the sunset. The meals are excellently prepared. In season, the lobster dishes are fantastic (season is closed from April 1 unto June 30); I was there when the season was closed, so I had the blacken Snapper.

For an over-the-top experience at Ivan's book the 100 candles dinner. It is sort-of prix fixe meaning you can modify the dinner selections. The table is private and is located with a sunset view. In principle, they will send a taxi to pick you up and you are responsible for the taxi ride home.

Norfolk UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arranging something special

thanks guys, lovely suggestions will look into them

J

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arranging something special

I have done Ivans and it is wonderful. This is what I plan to do on our next trip. Zimbali cooking school

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g147313-d39…

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arranging something special

We had a couple where we were staying a few weeks ago whose kids set them up for the Zimbali cooking thing for their anniversary as a treat and LOVED it! Lol you read my mind Turtle:)

Edited: 01 September 2014, 20:32
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
469 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arranging something special

Jules...your husband might enjoy checking out Barney's...it's right in Negril!!!

https:/…520529794672971

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147313-d6…

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arranging something special

Zimbali is a very special experience, I'd reccomend that.

8. Re: Arranging something special

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:16