We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran to pelican bar??

Paducah, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
Catamaran to pelican bar??

We are looking into taking a catamaran to pelican bar and it seems the only place it leave from is sandals whitehouse so 1 I am wondering if you have to stay there to go one that trip and 2 how far away is it from Negril? What type of transportation should we use?

Road Map Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Jermaine Tours
Taxis & Shuttles
Damion Jamaica Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
United States
Level Contributor
12,629 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran to pelican bar??

"how far away is it from Negril?"

Figure about 1 hr. 15 min. or a bit more depending on road conditions.

"What type of transportation should we use?"

About your only options are a taxi or contacting one of the transfer companies. Click on "THE LIST, Drivers and Taxis in the area?" at the upper right on this screen for a list. This will be a special transfer so get several quotes before you book with anyone.

missouri
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran to pelican bar??

Plan on an entire day to this place. It is a very unique place something you don't see everyday which makes it appealing. I would not suggest it unless there is a large group going. My hubby and I went there the last time we were in Negril. We ended up being the only people there. It was nice to swim and cop a ride on a local's jet ski other than that it was just alright. Glad to say we "done that".

Canada
Level Contributor
5,237 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran to pelican bar??

A jet ski at Floyde's?! First the catamarans and now this?

I think that this could be a sign of the apocalypse.

Edited: 02 September 2014, 03:28
Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran to pelican bar??

Forget the Cat from Negril (and yes, you have to stay at Whitehouse to take their cat there). Hire a driver and have them take you to Basil's in Parottee, hire a fishing boat there for about $10US per person to go to Pelican Bar. This way you are not bound to a group and can enjoy for as long or as short a time that you like.

Edited: 02 September 2014, 14:53
5. Re: Catamaran to pelican bar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 06:15