We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern CA
10 posts
Save Topic
Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

BP,

We will be at RH 12/10. Which # Villa do you like the best and how does one request a particular villa?

Thanks!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

I'm not certain of the villa numbers other than the premium villas are # 1 through 6, and the villas were all re-numbered after they were built. Since they are on the north end of the property I would assume that the standard villas running from premium villa #6, along past the restaurant and then out to the end near the pool would be numbered in sequence. So the further away from the road and restaurant the higher the number.

Rawlus was there recently and perhaps he can confirm this.

Anyway, I can't give you a favourite number since I don't know which are which. Sorry.

As far as requesting, that's all you can do, and hope they can work it out for you that you get one in the area you wish to be on the property. So consider requesting an area rather than a specific villa. It's hard to go wrong with any of them.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

i'm not BP, but we've stayed in the premium villas - we like #5. for various reasons, they do not reserve specific rooms ahead of time - due to their location on the cliffs, i suppose storms have wiped out individual villas from time to time - so they need the flexibility to move people where ever. or so i assume. they'll guarantee a class of room however. and i think you probably can get preferential trreatment if you're a returning visitor - when we booked many months ago, we requested #5 again and mentioned that we liked that the last time we stayed - they said they would "make note of that" - take that for what you will. could be BS for all i know. lol.

we'll see in a few weeks if we get what we requested.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

if you can give us an idea of what you're looking for - we can probably give you a better recommendation on which areas to look for/ask for.

do you want to be near the pool? none of the premiums are near the pool. i think the premiums are more secluded (relatively speaking) only because they're all on the same side on a "dead end" path so the only foot traffic over there are the 6 couples staying there...

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

Try to think of the Rockhouse setup as being a backwards 'J' with the premium on the small part of the letter, the restaurant at the bottom near the road, and the top of the letter is where the pool is. In the middle is the cove.

Northern CA
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

Our reservations are for the "villas" not the premium villas. I would prefer a quieter area, without too much road noise, if possible. I like visiting quaint places, so this seems like the right choice. I read something about odor issues. Does that vary with the villa locations? Thanks for the information!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

i like the villa pictured on their site for regular villas - it's next to the line of premium villas... right next to the jumping bridge, on the premium-villa side of the restaurant... i can't imagine road noise would be an issue... they were rebuilding this villa last time we were there so it may now be a premium villa for all i know...

the rest of the standard villas begin on the other side of the restaurant and dot the cliffs all the way down to the pool area...

they are all real nice IMHO.

7. Re: Question for BluesPirate Re: Rockhouse Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 12:16