We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back home from negril

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
back home from negril

will post a longer, more detailed trip report in the next day or so... wonderful time the 18th to the 28th.. caught the tropical depression on the west end for a few days - some big waves and clouds but nothing to dampen our spirits... made it to three schools this time with supplies and good cheer... spent a day in little bay just chillin, checking out the scene, the bat caves, the mineral spring, etc... highly recommended.... everyone who saw the map loved it - ran into a few of you guys at rockhouse our last night there... seamuis was stuck in nassau and there were a few others missing...

booked for thanksgiving again next year... can't wait to return...

like i said - will have some photos of the storm, schools and other stuff in the next day or so with a more detailed report.

blessings & respect.

rawlus

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: back home from negril

Welcome back! Maybe consider sending an email to everyone in the map group with your experiences or if not then the 'usual' trip report thing here works too. Too bad about Seamuis not making the meeting.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,919 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: back home from negril

Welcome home rawlus! Looking forward to hearing all about it :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: back home from negril

Welcome back!

Thanks for helping the folks of Ja!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,407 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: back home from negril

Hey Rawlus-sorry I missed everyone at Rockhouse...just the way things go here once we get "into it"...yeah...the weather's been just a bit weird but as you say, nothing to grouch about.

Glad you had a good time.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: back home from negril

no worries rastagirl. next time. :)

the pumpkin/lentil soup at hungry lion was sublime in case anyone was wondering. ;)

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: back home from negril

The Hungry Lion is a real gem not too many people try because it's on the road and not on the shore. I highly recommend it.

Indiana
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: back home from negril

Welcome back, maybe? LOL

Can't wait to hear your report mon!

CT
Level Contributor
143 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: back home from negril

We were there during the cold front also. Bad thing was, it was our first time to JA so missed experiencing the beautiful sunshine until the last two days there. On the other hand we got to experience more time with the local people of JA. Without a doubt, they are the true beauty of the island. Even with all the natural beauty of the surroundings, it is the people we met from the housekeepers to the busboys at the restaurants to to Morrison at a shop in downtown Negril. They are what I think back to and remember the most now that we have returned.

Also the children! I am so glad that I am a reader of this forum and it was recomended to take gifts for the children. We gave gifts to the hotel staff for their children and also school supplies at the hotel desk to be delivered to a school. Anything that future visitors can do to help the children of JA, they should do. We all have so much compared to them and ought to be able to do our part to show our appreciation.

I have been bitten by that JA bug and it was the people who bit the hardest.

9. Re: back home from negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 01:17