We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

As many of you know Talk of The Town Tours/TOTTT was instrumental in the creation of the new Negril Map. I just returned from Negril (Have not had time to read my mail let alone write a trip report). This incident I had to write about.

As a thank you to TOTTT for their hard work, countless hours, long walks in the hot summer sun and use of their vehicles I had two copies of the map in full color high resolution printed and laminated. I presented these to Sala and Sienna on the day of our tour on Friday 12/1/2006.

At the end of the day when Sienna and Sala arrived home they had only one laminated copy left. We are fairly certain a man traveling alone on the tour took the missing copy when he could have had one of the 150 copies of the map I also brought with me for TOTTT.

This man was in his late 40's early 50's, brown hair and a mustache. We believe he was staying at the Negril Inn. Had Sienna called me on 12/2/2006 I would have found this gentlemen and retrieved the map. So if you know someone who fits this description and they have a nice 11" x 17" color copy of the map laminated with the Beach map on one side and the West End map on the other, please ask them to return what they have taken.

Seamuis

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
JuJu Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Road Map Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Paradise Tours Jamaica
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sexy Rexy Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Man you're really taking this map thing seriously. Good luck tracking down the culprit.

Indiana
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Unbelievable!

Hope your trip was good besides this fact!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Welcome back! Hope you had a great time at Idle Awhile & Rockhouse. Sorry to hear you had a snafu on the way down and got hung up in Nassau. Looking forward to your report.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Wonder if they have a Jamaica's Most Wanted??? I'm kidding...the nerve!

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Jamerican28.. It was a gift to Sala & Sienna and the guy watched me give it to them and heard me tell them it was a special thank you for all their help with the project. They do not have the facilities down there to print copies like the two I gave them. It's the principal.. yeah I am taking it seriously, if I had anything to say about it I'd bribe the authorities down there and have his butt in the jail in Lucea right now!

Thanks BP, LOTL and jamaicakaye.

Mentioned in this post
Lucea
Lucea
Jamaica
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Seamuis--could you easily/cheaply mail a copy to me to replace the TOTTT map that walked away?? They are picking us up at the airport on the 19th and I'd be happy to transport another copy to them.

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Jamerican28.. your getting this response on a bad day for me, but yeah I am taking this map thing seriously. I have over a thousand e-mails (that's a one followed by three zeros.) just regarding the map project and I cannot tell you how much time I have spent on it. IMHO I have every right to take it seriously and am frankly sad to read your response. I just can't fathom why you would even venture to post such a reply. Do you honestly think anyone involved in this map project would not feel the same way? Back off. Seamuis

Upstate NY, USA
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

sunluvinlaurie.. Thank you for the great offer. If I may, let me get back to you on that offer within the next 24 hours. Thanks, Seamuis.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

Two other options for getting a replacement to Sienna without costing you any more time or expense, since these things aren't cheap to laminate.

- sunluvinlaurie can go to the web site www.negrilinfo.com and have it copied and laminated

- JaVirgin is going down soon and she could also do this

Thawed Tundra
Level Contributor
551 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: MAP Theif on 12/1/2006 Tour

I'm going jan 8th and had planned to have one laminated full size for myself. I have the file-if its the first copy- and will take them one as i plan to see them when there. Just give me the go ahead and you can consider it done.

Best

Carl

Only thing I hate worse than a liar is a thief.