We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 and a half days in Port Antonio. Need help!!

cardiff
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 and a half days in Port Antonio. Need help!!

I guess we'll arrive in PA from Kingston at about 1pm on 28th December. We have 2 nights and then need to get to Ochos Rios at about 3pm on the 30th.

We really want to make the most of our short time there, so we're thinking of renting a car from Eastern when we arrive in PA

Please, can anyone suggest an itinerary that maximises our time there? As we'll be out sightseeing, we'll probably stay in a budget guest house such as Invanhoe's as a base. Or should we stay further up around San san?

Also, if we can't drop our rental car in Ochos Rios, could we get a driver to take us from PA, and maybe stop at a few sights on the way?

Any suggestions welcome!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,045 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 2 and a half days in Port Antonio. Need help!!

There's plenty of on-street parking at Ivanhoes, though one person I know didn't like leaving her car there as she got a flat and suspected the guys who showed up to fix it of making it flat (she showed them - she drove it down to the gas station instead). There is one parking spot inside the gate at Ivanhoes, first come first serve, I suppose.

Fern Hill's hill wasn't hard to drive for me, just took it slow as it is a mile long with a fair bit of pot holes and not alot of room for two way traffic (which we never encountered, actually). But nothing that kept me on-site.

However, Ivanhoes is definitely easy for walking and cabs and it sounds like Paola would be as well.

One thing about Ivanhoes - I didn't care to walk around the immediate area by myself at night, it's not a very busy neighborhood after school is out. You could cab it there if you are out late of course, or walk in pairs.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 2 and a half days in Port Antonio. Need help!!

Also, there have been some issues near Folly Point lighthouse lately that I definitely wouldn't go around without a driver or in a group -

cardiff
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 2 and a half days in Port Antonio. Need help!!

Thanks, everyone.

I'm really knocked out with all your replies and information. Really appreciated!

24. Re: 2 and a half days in Port Antonio. Need help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Port Antonio