We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Which Port Antonio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Hello! My boyfriend and I are headed to Jamaica in a little over a week and we are staying at Great Huts outside of Port Antonio. We are flying into Montego Bay and I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on how to get from Mo' Bay to Port Antonio quickly and cheaply. Although I have done a TON of research, it has been hard to get accurate information (it all seems outdated or vague). I know they improved the roads recently so that has cut down the travel time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Cheers!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Awesome, I love the pics! Looks like you got around a lot too, to Frenchmans and Woodys and Blue Lagoon...

Here are mine from my last trip out that way:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Those were great! Where was the place in the first few photos? That looked exceptionally beautiful. I wish we would've had more time to travel, we were only there for 6 days, and two of those days were for travel, so we didn't get to see much. We met 3 girls who were spending a month touring the whole island- I was so jealous!

Thanks again for all your help and advice regarding the trip. It was great!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Couldn;t open your pics-glad you had a great time!

Ohliz..I never saw bread fruit nuts either!

PEACE!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

That is Dornoch Head in the cockpits, south of Discovery Bay. We went while we stayed in Duncans at Jamaica Jewel.

The next few are at Fern Hill, up the hill from Frenchmans.

Lots of Frenchmans after that, then many from Strawberry Fields/Robins Bay.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Nice. I stayed at Frenchman's years ago-looked familiar. I'm sending a friend to stay at Jamaica Jewel for Jazz fest.

How can I view Amanda's pics-I'm not a facebooker!

PEACE!

kingston
Level Contributor
598 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

Call Great Huts- are there others with whom you could share a taxi. Kingston is closer to Port Antonio than Mobay

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

How was the taxi ride and service?

38. Re: Montego Bay to Port Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Port Antonio
Recent Conversations