We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reach Falls

Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Reach Falls

Hi. I am going to Reach Falls and would like to know if there is a particular day that they are closed, if they charge an admission fee, and if there is anything else to know. Your info would be very helpful!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reach Falls

There is an admission now, not sure if they close on any particular days.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reach Falls

Found this article from a local newspaper from 2009-

it states it is closed Mondays and Tuesdays of that year- and open 8:30a.m. to 4:30pm

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…business2.html

When I visited there in 2009, the admission was $10 - I imagine the cost has increased since then.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
109 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reach Falls

Reach Falls features a main waterfall cascading into a river pool which is suitable for swimmers and non-swimmers. Our opening hours are 8:30am – 4:30pm and the attraction is opened from Wednesday to Sunday and on all public holidays. Our ticket costs are as follows:•

Non – resident adults (over 12yrs): US$10.00•

Non – resident children (4-12yrs): US$5.00

The price might be more, got this info from them in Jan 2012

Port Antonio
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reach Falls

Guess I am late as the information is already given.

I am Kemar and my brother Warren (drivers of Port Antonio). We have been around from 2006 and can give lots more information if you need it. We can be contacted at dainianm@gmail.com

http://patours.webs.com

All the best with your planning.

Edited: 28 November 2012, 14:33
Port Antonio...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reach Falls

Reach falls is run by the UDC now - you can find their contact details here udcja.com/media-centre/ads/informal-tours-at…

Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reach Falls

The information is correct. It was $10 per person, and they provide you with a guide, which you need. It was amazing. Go earlier in the morning when it is quiet. It is much better than Dunns River Falls.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reach Falls

Thanks for reporting back! It's been almost 10 years since I was at Reach but it was incredible. Glad to hear it still is :)

Did your guide take you up the river or did you just swim in the main falls?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reach Falls

Reach falls is ridiculous and something that all Jamaican travelers should see. One of the real gems of this island!

9. Re: Reach Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Port Antonio